Technogenic factors that have a negative effect on the environment and humans are analyzed. The integrated effect of negative impact on the environment aggravated by the number of factors is revealed. These factors include the following: gorges, river valleys and mountain landscapes. From the previously conducted studies it was concluded that the main source of negative effects on living organisms is the mineralized dust. The actual task of the study is determined, which consists in detailing the mechanisms and methods of the mineralized dust formation for improving the methods of minimizing its formation. Using the example of an open pit development of a dolomite deposit the relationship is established between the indicators of atmospheric dusting by the products of rock technological crushing and grinding. Dependence is established related to the dust emission intensity on the air flow velocity and dust concentration. It is proved that all the dust-like products formed as the result of mining and processing of the mineral raw materials have dimensions that allow them to move with the help of air masses. The results of the experiments on solving the problem of reducing dust by minimizing the output of mobile dust classes are presented (studies of the granulometric composition of rocks of various types with differentiation by type of the dust source, the mechanism of pollution using trapping screens and the development of directions for minimizing dusting of the atmosphere of the quarry and the surrounding area). The measures to reduce dust formation are proposed. The model for assessing the potential of environmental pollution by gas and dust products is developed. The proposed measures and the developed model will allow to minimize the effect of mining production on the environment of the region and the health of the workers of the mining enterprise and the residents of the region. The results obtained may be in demand when improving existing and developing new methods for improving occupational safety in the mining industry.
2. Golik V.I., Dmitrak Yu.V., Komashchenko V.I., Razorenov Yu.I. Environmental Aspects of Storing Tails of Ore Dressing in a Mountain Region. Ekologiya i promyshlennost Rossii = Ecology and Industry of Russia. 2018. Vol. 22. № 6. pp. 35–39. (In Russ.).
3. Burdzieva O.G., Zaalishvili V.B., Beriev O.G., Kanukov A.S., Maysuradze M.V. Mining impact on environment on the North Ossetian territory. International Journal of GEOMATE. 2016. Vol. 10. № 1. pp. 1693–1697.
4. Kharebov G.Z. Development of technology for breaking rock mass in the high-altitude ledges at the upland quarries with the cumulative charges (Using the example of the Kavdolomit RSO-A quarry management): thesis... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Vladikavkaz, 2004. 130 p. (In Russ.).
5. Razorenov Yu.I., Golik V.I., Kulikov M.M. Economics and management of the mining industry: textbook. Novocherkassk: YuRGTU(NPI), 2010. 251 p. (In Russ.).
6. Ismailov B.T. Ecological and economic substantiation of the technology of minimizing dust and gas pollution of the environment by rationalizing the parameters of the upland dolomite quarries: thesis... Candidate of Economic Sciences. Мoscow, 2013. 147 p. (In Russ.).
7. Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Dmitrak Yu.V., Gabaraev O.Z. Trends of development of mineral and raw materials base of color metallurgy of Russia. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of Tula State University. Earth Sciences. 2019. Iss. 2. pp. 117–128. (In Russ.).
8. Kachurin N.M., Stas G.V., Korchagina T.V., Zmeev M.V. Geomechanical and aerogasdynamical consequences of underworking mining leases territories of Eastern Donets basin mines. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of Tula State University. Earth Sciences. 2017. Iss. 1. pp. 170–181. (Russ.).
9. Dmitrak Yu.V. Theory of the motion of grinding load and increasing the efficiency of equipment for fine grinding of rocks: Abstract of the thesis... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Мoscow, 2000. 46 p. (In Russ.).
10. Dmitrak Yu.V., Shishkanov K.A. Development of a probabilistic kinematic model of grinding bodies in the grinding chamber of a vibration mill. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2010. № 12. pp. 302–308. (In Russ.).
11. Postnikova M.Yu. The Influence of the Mine Goafs on the Ventilation of the Underground Mines During the Transition Stage of Emergency Ventilation. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2011. № 3. pp. 206–209. (In Russ.).
12. Burmistrov K.V., Ovsyannikov M.P. Validation of open pit stage design in the transition periods of mining at steeply dipping mineral deposits. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2018. № 6. pp. 20–28. (In Russ.).
13. Gasho E.G., Gasho I.A. Economics and Ecology Symbiosis: Transition to Principles of Best Available Techniques. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2018. Vol. 1066. Iss. 1. pp. 22–24. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1066/1/012008