The increased air dustiness caused by the aerotechnogenic action of the roads is the key problem of occupational and industrial safety at the open pit mining operations on the open-pit coal mines. The current technologies of the dust control at such facilities are limited mainly by irrigation of the roadway with water from the irrigation machines, that has a number of disadvantages.
In order to improve the efficiency of anti-dust measures on the trtaffic roads of the coal mines, it is proposed to use special wetting agents or solutions, which allows to increase the interval between irrigation cycles. For dust suppression of the roads in a production environment, the authors of the article developed a solution that is a mixture of water, starch and flax. The organic and pure solution compound allows, in the case of its application, to consider the development as environmentally friendly both for the environment and the personnel of the coal mines.
To study the possibility of using the resulting solution in the production, the model of the coal open pit road was created on a scale of 40:1 by the method of manufacturing rocks analogues. The model is made in two versions for fixing the fluidity of the obtained solution: horizontal and inclined. The given experiment was as follows: the model of the traffic road was covered with a dusty material, which was used as the crushed cinder and silicon sand SiO2. Further a studied compound was spilled, and the changes in the quality of the road surface over time were recorded. To simulate the production conditions and study the adhesive properties of the developed solution, a toy model of the dump truck was passed along the road.
For reliable processing of the obtained experimental results, the viscosity, density and adhesive properties of the compounds of different percentage concentrations of the binding agent were studied. As a result of the conducted researches it is established that 98:2 is the most rational and efficient compound with the ratio of the entering components (water and the mixture of flax and starch). The proposed compound is recommended for further field tests in the production conditions at the open-pit coal mines of AO SUEK-Kuzbass.
- Bartknecht W. Dust explosion: course, prevention, protection. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1987. 436 p.
- Cole C., Fabrick A. Surface mine pit retention. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association. 1984. Vol. 34. Iss. 6. pp. 674–675.
- Wypych P., Cook D., Cooper P. Controlling dust emissions and explosion hazards in powder handling plants. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification. 2005. Vol. 44. pp. 323–326.
- Jiang H.X., Du C.L., Dong J.H. Investigation of rock cutting dust formation and suppression using water jets during mining. Powder Technology. 2017. Vol. 307. Iss. 1. pp. 99–108.
- Yao Q., Xu C., Zhang Y., Zhou G., Zhang S., Wang D. Micromechanism of coal dust wettability and its effect on the selection and development of dust suppressants. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. 2017. Vol. 111. pp. 726–732.
- Zakirov D.G., Mukhamedshin M.A., Fayzrakhmanov R.A., Nikolaev A.V. Reserves of environmental and energy efficiency improvement for mining enterprises in the Western Urals. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 6. pp. 49–52. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.06.10
- Wang H., Wang C., Wang D. The influence of forced ventilation airflow on water spray for dust suppression on heading face in underground coal mine. Powder Technology. 2017. Vol. 320. pp. 498–510.
- Cybulski K., Malich B., Wieczorek A. Evaluation of the effectiveness of coal and mine dust wetting. Journal of Sustainable Mining. 2015. Vol. 14. Iss. 2. pp. 83–92.
- Lyalkina G.B., Nikolaev A.V., Makarychev N.S. Creation of the information system based on experimental data for control of the MMF operating modes to improve the efficiency of ventilation in mines. Journal of Physics Conference Series. 2018. № 1059. pp. 13–14. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1059/1/012013
- Zborowski A.V. Protection of the atmosphere of the ecosystem «Quarry — environment — human». Dnepropetrovsk, 1997. 136 p.
- O’Shaughnessy P.T., Kang M., Ellickson D. A novel device for measuring respirable dustiness using low mass powder samples. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 2012. Vol. 9. Iss. 3. pp. 129–139.
- Kovshov S.V., Kovshov V.P. Biogenic fixation of dusting surfaces. Life Science Journal. 2014. Vol. 11. Iss. 9. pp. 401–404.