The process of studying infra-sound as a production harmful factor is far from completion. Infra-sound has the number of physical features: it is a large wavelength, low absorption in the atmosphere and spread over large areas, which creates great difficulties for protection against it. Low-frequency noise on its physical parameters and biological effects is similar to infra-sound.
The characteristic is given concerning the sources of infra-sound and low-frequency noise at the industrial facilities and transport. Features of production noise are revealed. The high level of industrial and transport noise leads to acoustic pollution of the environment, i.e. it becomes a priority environmental problem.
Working conditions of the workplaces of the number of specialists where there is an excess of the maximum permissible level of infra-sound and noise are considered in the article. Assessment is provided regarding the morbidity at the effect of infra-sound and the risk for employee health. Infra-sound has a wide range of adverse effects on the human body. Its «targets» are the central nervous and vegetative nervous system, auditory and vestibular analyzers, respiratory organs, etc. The long-term effect of the infra-sound facilitates the development of occupational diseases, primarily sensorineural hearing loss.
The features are shown concerning the control and monitoring of the infra-sound as a harmful production factor. Recommendations on the choice of measuring instruments, organization of medical control and the methods of protection are formulated.
- Izmerov N.F., Suvorov G.A., Prokopenko L.V. Man and noise. Moscow: GEOTAR-MED, 2001. 384 p. (In Russ.).
- Sheshegov P.M. Professional risks for the aviation specialists of the Air Force. Problemy bezopasnosti poletov = Flight Safety Problems. 2016. № 2. pp. 3–25. (In Russ.).
- Zinkin V.N., Akhmetzyanov I.M. Ecological, industrial and medical aspects of infra-sound. Zashchita ot povyshennogo shuma i vibratsii: sb. dokl. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhunar. uchastiem (Protection against increased noise and vibration: Book of reports. All-Russian scientific-practical conference with the international participation). 2013. pp. 177–198. (In Russ.).
- Akhmetzyanov I.M., Grebenkov S.V., Lomov O.P. Noise and infra-sound. Hygienic aspects. Saint-Petersburg: Bip, 2002. 100 p. (In Russ.).
- Karpova N.I., Malyshev E.N. Low-frequency acoustic vibrations in the workplace. Moscow: Meditsina, 1981. pp. 192. (In Russ.).
- Mueller N., Rojas-Rueda D., Basagaña X., Cirach M., Cole-Hunter T., Dadvand P., Donaire-Gonzalez D., Foraster M., Gascon M., Martinez D., Tonne C., Triguero-Mas M., Valentín A., Nieuwenhuijsen M. Nieuwenhuijsen M., Foraster M. Urban and transport planning related exposures and mortality: a health impact assessment for cities. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2017. Vol. 125. Iss. 1. pp. 89–96.
- Grubliauskas R., Strukcinskiene B., Raistenskis J., Strukcinskaite V., Buckus R., Janusevicius T., da Silva Pereira P.A. Effects of urban rail noise level in a residential area. Journal of Vibroengineering. 2014. Vol. 16. Iss. 2. pp. 987–996.
- Izmerov N.F., Suvorov G.A., Kuralesin N.A., Ovakimov V.G. Infra-sound as a risk factor for human health (hygienic, biomedical and pathogenetic mechanisms). Voronezh, 1998. 275 p. (In Russ.).
- Xiaoan G. Railway Environmental Noise Control in China. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2006. Vol. 293. Iss. 3–5. pp. 1078–1085.
- Nieuwenhuijsen M.J., Khreis H., Verlinghieri E., Mueller N., Rojas-Rueda D. Participatory quantitative health impact assessment of urban and transport planning in cities: a review and research needs. Environment International. 2017. Vol. 103. pp. 61–72.
- Korica S.Lj., Popovic K.D. Noise, sources of noise and its influence on the quality of work and living environment. Vojnotehnicki glasnik. 2017. Vol. 65. Iss. 4. pp. 1017–1026.
- Zinkin V.N., Soldatov S.K., Bogomolov A.V., Dragan S.P. Current problems of population protection from low-frequency noise and infra-sound. Tekhnologiya grazhdanskoy bezopasnosti = Civil security technology. 2015. Vol. 12. № 1 (43). pp. 90–96. (In Russ.).
- Von Gierke H.E., McK. Eldred K. Effects of Noise on People. Noise News International. 1993. Vol. 1. Iss. 2. pp. 67–89.
- Sheshegov P.M., Zinkin V.N., Dvoryanchikov V.V., Mironov V.G. Sensorineural hearing loss of noise etiology: diagnosis, treatment and prevention. Vestnik Rossiyskoy voenno-meditsinskoy akademii = Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2015. № 2 (50). pp. 60–66. (In Russ.).
- Zinkin V.N., Svidovyy V.I., Akhmetzyanov I.M. Adverse effects of low-frequency acoustic vibrations on the respiratory system. Profilakticheskaya i klinicheskaya meditsina = Preventive and clinical medicine. 2011. № 3. pp. 280–284. (In Russ.).
- Branco N.A.A.C. Clinical stages of vibroacoustic disease for health professional continuous research. Mat. 12th int. sym. Lisbon, 2005. pp. 145–151.