D.A. Britikov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Deputy Head of the Deparment — Division Head, firstname.lastname@example.org Rostechnadzor, Moscow, Russia
Drying — the important component of postharvest treatment of grain which is directly influencing its further preservation. Dryers, which are often operated nowdays, are not fully using the heat of spent drying agent, whose efficient recovery allows to provide achievement of considerable indicators of drying equipment cost effectiveness.
At present, the principles of energy saving in drying processes are scientifically substantiated: use of heat pumps for implementation of low-temperature drying; maximum use of heat of spent drying agent due to its recirculation; mathematical modeling ensuring maximum kinetic, hydrodynamic and thermodynamic compliance; use of secondary energy resources; optimization and management of processes of drying and thermal treatment that prevents losses of heat and electric power.
Assessment of technologies and dehydration technique with various connection schemes of the heat-pump drying units in the processes of grain drying demonstrates that the implemenation of the optimized ways of energy saving allows to receive energy saving to 30 % and 50 % of metal, i.e. the replacement of traditional hydrocarbon sources of heat when drying grain by alternative (renewable) low-temperature sources using heat-pump drying units — one of the perspective principles of increase in their energy efficiency.
Scientific approach is required to creation of new energy saving technologies for drying of grain, for example, in the closed cycle on the drying agent at the most rational schemes of connection of the heat pumps from the power point of view.
At the same time the prospects are opening concerning the improvement of safety of drying technologies at the expense of eliminating the factors, which characterize these processes as one of the most fire and explosion hazardous, and constituting potential danger to the personnel serving dryers, ensuring condition of security of the vital interests of the individual and society from accidents at hazrdous production facilities and consequences of such accidents.
1. Sorochinskij V.F. Perspective technologies and equipment for grain drying. Nauchnye osnovy hranenija i pererabotki zerna v sovremennyh uslovijah = Scientific Bases of Storage and Processing of Grain in Up-to-date Conditions. Moscow: GNU VNIIZ, 2008. 603 p.
2. Zhidko V.I., Rezchikov V.A., Ukolov V.S. Zernosushenie i zernosushilki (Grain Drying and Grain Dryers). Moscow: Kolos, 1982. 239 p.
3. Mushtaev V.I., Uljanov V.M. Sushka dispersnyh materialov (Drying of Disperse Materials). Moscow: Himija, 1988. 351 p.
4. Egorov G.A. Upravlenie tehnologicheskimi svojstvami zerna (Management of Technological Properties of Grain). 2-e izd. Moscow: Izdatelskij kompleks MGUPP, 2005. 292 p.
5. Britikov D.A., Shevcov A.A. Jenergosberezhenie v processah sushki zernovyh kultur s ispolzovaniem teplonasosnyh tehnologij (Energy Saving in the Processes of Grain Crops Drying with the Use of Heat Pump Technologies). Moscow: DeLi pljus, 2012. 328 p.
6. Dolinskij A.A., Dolrfman A.Sh., Davydenko B.V. Associate heat and mass exchange in continuous processes of convective drying. Teplo- i massoperenos = Heat and Mass Transfer. 1991. Vol. 34. № 11. pp. 2883–2889.
7. Britikov D.A. Use of the steam-jet refrigeration machine in the technology of grain drying. Vestnik Voronezhskoj gosudarstvennoj tehnologicheskoj akademii. Ser.: Processy i apparaty pishhevyh proizvodstv = Bulletin of the Voronezh State Technological Academy. Series: Processes and Devices of Food Plants. 2011. № 1. pp. 24–26.
8. Vezirishvili O.Sh. Heat pumps and saving of fuel and energy resources. Izvestija vuzov. Jenergetika = News of Higher Education Institutions. Power Industry. 1984. № 7. pp. 61–65.
9. Onshikov V.E. Economic efficiency of use of heat pump units at the enterprises of food industry. Holodilnaja tehnika = Refrigerating Equipment. 1990. № 7. pp. 2–4.
10. Ginzburg A.S. Raschet i proektirovanie sushilnyh ustanovok pishhevoj promyshlennosti (Calculation and Design of Drying Installations of Food Industry). Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1985. 336 p.
11. Kalnin I.M., Savickij A.I., Pustovalov S.B. Heat pumps of new generation using ecologically safe working substances. Holodilnaja tehnika = Refrigerating Equipment. 2007. № 1. pp. 46–50.
12. Levin L.A. Primenenie teplovyh nasosov v pishhevoj promyshlennosti za rubezhom (Application of Heat Pumps in the Food Industry Abroad). Moscow: CNIITJePishheprom, 1985. 24 p.
13. Nakorjakov V.E., Elistratov S.L. Advanced schematic solutions of heat pump installations. Izvestija vuzov. Ser.: Problemy jenergetiki = News of Higher Education Institutions. Series: Power Industry Problems. 2007. № 11–12. pp. 64–75.
14. Gujgo Je.I. Teoreticheskie osnovy hladotehniki. Teplomassoobmen (Theoretical Bases of Refrigerating Equipment. Heat-mass Exchange). Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1986. 320 p.
15. Antipov S.T., Kretov I.T., Ostrikov A.I., Panfilov V.A., Urakov O.A. Mashiny i apparaty pishhevyh proizvodstv: ucheb. dlja vuzov (Machines and Devices of Food Plants: Textbook for Higher Education Institutions). V 2 kn. Kn. 1. Moscow: Vysshaja shkola, 2001. 703 p.
16. Kretov I.T., Shevcov A.A., Lakomov I.V. Program and logical functions of the control system of heat-pump drying unit. Izvestija vuzov. Pishhevaja tehnologija = News of Higher Education Institutions. Food Technology. 1998. № 4. pp. 69–72.
17. Britikov D.A., Shevcov A.A. Innovative solutions in grain drying technology. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta inzhenernyh tehnologij = Newsletter of Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies. 2012. № 3. pp. 91–99.
18. Ostrikov A.N., Kretov I.T., Shevcov A.A., Dobromirov V.E. Jenergosberegajushhie tehnologii i oborudovanie dlja sushki pishhevogo syrja (Energy Saving Technologies and Equipment for Drying of Food Raw Materials). Voronezh: Voronezhskaja gosudarstvennaja tehnologicheskaja akademija, 1998. 344 p.