A.A. Aksenov, Cand. Sci. (Eng), Assoc. Prof., Head of Laboratory, email@example.com I.A. Ozhiganov, Senior Researcher Ural Branch of AO «VNIMI», Ekaterinburg, Russia
It is shown that the current regulatory documents require at the exploration and design stages of the development of the deposit to determine its prone to rock-bumps. Due to insufficient completeness and reliability of the input data that are obtained from the materials of exploration, the preliminary studies and comparisons, it is not always possible to accurately establish the depth mark of referring the deposit to prone to rock-bumps even taking into account the experience of rock-bump hazard studies at other deposits. The mark established at the design stage of referring the deposit to those prone to rock-bumps should be specified by the instrumental forecast at conducting mining operations.
Certain change in the depth of referring the deposit to those prone to rock-bumps, which are obtained based on the results of additional studies at the stage of mining will not influence the design decisions. Therefore, the correction to the direction of lowering the depth of referring the tendency to rock-bumps is entirely permissible. Transfer of the production to the first class of hazard shall be done from the beginning of mining operations on the specified depth mark of referring the deposit to those prone to the rock-bumps.
1. Kaiser P.K., McCreath D.R., Tannant D.D. Canadian Rockburst Support Handbook. Ontario: Geomechanics Research Centre, 1996. 324 р.
2. Ortlepp W.D. Rock Fracture and Rockbursts. Johannesburg: SAIMM, 1997. 98 p.
3. Mendecki A.J. Seismic Monitoring in Mines. London: Chapmen and Hall, 1997. 262 p.
4. Kanagawa T., Kamanda H., Hayashi M. Measurement of tectonic stresses, strain rates related to active faults and observed earthquakes around large caverns. Proceedings of 5th International Congress on Rock Mechanics. Rotterdam, 1983. Vol. 2. pp. 85–88.
5. Salamon M.D.G. Rockburst hazard and the fight for its alleviation in South African gold mines. In Rockbursts: Prediction and Control. London: Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, 1984. pp. 11–36.
6. Polozhenie po bezopasnomu vedeniyu gornykh rabot na mestorozhdeniyakh, sklonnykh i opasnykh po gornym udaram: feder. normy i pravila v obl. prom. bezopasnosti (Provision for the Safe Conducting of Mining Operations at the Deposits Prone to Rock-bump Hazard: Federal Norms and Rules in the Field of Industrial Safety). Ser. 06. Iss. 7. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 80 p.
7. Aksenov A.A., Ozhiganov I.A., Isyanov O.A. Application of the acoustic emission method for prediction of rock-bump hazard. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2014. № 9. pp. 82–84.
8. Turdakhunov M.M., Urdubaev R.A., Ermakashev T.R., Krutikov A.V., Nefedov V.N., Mengel D.A., Aksenov A.A. Prediction of rock-bump hazard by acoustic emission method. Gornyy zhurnal Kazakhstana = Mining Journal of Kazakhstan. 2010. № 8. pp. 17–23.
9. O promyshlennoy bezopasnosti opasnykh proizvodstvennykh obektov: feder. zakon ot 21 iyulya 1997 g. № 116-FZ (On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Objects: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FL). Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p.
10. Aksenov A.A., Ozhiganov I.A. Prediction of rock-bump hazard and assessment of the strained condition of ore deposits massif using acoustic emission method. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2011. № 7. pp. 40–43.
11. Aksenov A.A., Gubanov D.V. Assessment of the potential of the accumulated elastic energy and working edge resistance to dynamic fractures. Kombinirovannaya geotekhnologiya: Ustoychivoe i ekologicheski sbalansirovannoe osvoenie nedr: sb. materialov VIII Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii (Combined Geotechnology: Sustainable and Environmentally Balanced Development of the Subsoil: Collection of Materials of the VIII International Conference). Magnitogorsk: OOO «MiniTip», 2015. pp. 86–87.
12. Aksenov A.A., Ozhiganov I.A., Gubanov D.V., Blinov E.F. Use of the integrated system for preventing rock-bumps at the ore deposits. Gornaya geomekhanika i marksheyderskoe delo: sbor. nauch. trudov (Mining Geomechanics and Mine Surveying: Collection of Research Papers). Saint-Petersburg: VNIMI, 2009. pp. 90–92.