V.I. Lyashenko, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), email@example.com GP «UkrNIPIIpromtekhnologii», Zheltuye Vody, Ukraine V.Z. Dyatchin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof. Institute of Entrepreneurship «Strategiya», Zheltuye Vody, Ukraine I.A. Lisovoy, Cand. Sci. (Eng.) Uman National University of Horticulture, Uman, Ukraine
The main scientific and practical results of researches related to improving safety of mining on the basis of effective production wastes management and processing of crude ores when storing tails with addition of hardener and solidification of hazardous ingredients are given. Methods of defining recipes of solidifying mixtures, assessment of their solidity for filling of the developed underground areas and surface charts of the storage, and, also decrease of danger to the environment and person by transfer of wastes to a solid state are analyzed. In this case, the best practices of the developed mining countries of the world are used: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Chile, etc.
Technologies of management of tailings dumps are systematized and their new classification is offered: as the main criterion the indicator of carrying out of harmful chemical agents to the environment is accepted. It is shown that the technology of laying of the immobilized tails of hydrometallurgical production in the storage by inclined layers provides for removal of the accumulated liquid in the storage tank in the course of its filling. The mechanism of effect on the environment of the dust and filtration streams from the massif of mine refuse dumps and metallurgical conversion of metallic ores is formulated. The possibility of decrease of hazard of storing tails of the concentrating and metallurgical conversion of ores by their solidification at placement in the charts of storages is scientifically substantiated. Technologies of fixing tailing dumps massifs by mineral, chemical, biological agents, and the ways of prophylactics of dusting with the use of water soluble polymers are recommended.
1. Yildirim I.Z., Prezzi M. Chemical, mineralogical, and morphological properties of steel slag. Advances in Civil Engineering. 2011. Vol. 2011. pp. 1–13.
2. Lottermoser B. Mine Wastes: Characterization, Treatment and Environmental Impacts. New York: Springer, 2012. 400 p.
3. Maanju S.K., Saha K. Impact of mining industry on environmental fabric — a case study of Rajasthan State in India. Journal of Environmental Science. Toxicology and Food Technology. 2013. Vol. 6. Iss. 2. pp. 8–13.
4. Chowdhury S.R., Yanful E.K., Pratt A.R. Recycling of nickel smelter slag for arsenic remediation — an experimental study. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2014. Vol. 21. pp. 10096–10107.
5. Saratov I.E., Remizov V.I., Bondarenko A.I., Bakshi Y.E, Lavrinenko I.K., Sherenkov I.A., Osadchiy V.F., Pisanko N.V., Zaborovskiy A.F. А. s. 1052614 SSSR. Sposob mokrogo skladirovaniya khvostov obogashcheniya (A.S. 1052614 USSR. Method of mine refuse wet storage). Applied: June 05, 1981. Published: November 07, 1983.
6. Makeev A.Yu., Zoteev V.G., Kamkin I.R., Velim V.S., Zelenskiy B.A., Yatsenko V.N., Bondarenko V.P., Nazarov A.V. Sposob vozvedeniya khvostokhranilishcha (Method of tailings dump development). Patent RF. № 2162151. Applied: April 04, 2006. Published: January 20, 2008.
7. Lomonosov G.G., Polonik P.I., Abdalakh Kh. Improvement of the technology of clearing works on the basis of application of pastelike backfill materials. Izvestija vuzov. Gornyj zhurnal = News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal. 2000. № 2. pp. 21–23.
8. A.P. Chernov. Dobycha i pererabotka uranovykh rud: monografiya (Extraction and processing of uranium ores: monography). Kiev: Adef-Ukraina, 2001. 238 p.
9. Kvitka V.V., Sergeev V.E., Trotter K., Treznyuk A.P. Solidifying backfill blends of the increased density. Izvestija vuzov. Gornyj zhurnal = News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal. 2001. № 5. pp. 33–35.
10. Nemirovskiy A.V. Razrabotka metoda formirovaniya namyvnogo khvostokhranilishcha, ustoychivogo k vetrovym potokam: dissertacija … kandidata tekhnicheskikh nauk (Development of the method of formation of the upstream impoundment resistant to wind streams: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Science). Moscow: NITU MISiS, 2016. 131 p.
11. Construction of the tailings dump at the copper-molybdenum Los-Pelambres mine in Chile. Available at: http//mineral.ru/News/34680.html (accessed: July 25, 2017).
12. Gusev Yu.P., Berezikov E.P., Krupnik L.A., Shaposhnik Yu.N., Shaposhnik S.N. Resource-saving technologies of ore extraction at Malevsk mine of Zyryanovsk Mining and Processing Plant. Izvestija vuzov. Gornyj zhurnal = News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal. 2008. № 11. pp. 20–22.
13. Abashkina T.S., Borodavko F.F., Aksenov S.G. А. s. 1627406 SSSR. Sposob skladirovaniya otkhodov obogashcheniya (A.S. 1627406 USSR. Method of mine refuse wet storage). Applied: November 28, 1988. Published: January 15, 1991.
14. Golik V.I. Extraction of metals from mine refuses by the combined activation methods. Obogashchenie rud = Ore Beneficiation. 2010. № 5. pp. 38–40.
15. Trubetskoy K.N., Kaplunov D.R., Rylnikova M.V. Problems and prospects of the development of resource-saving and resource- reproducing geotechnologies of the Earth subsoil complex development. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh = Physical and Technical Problems of the Minerals Development. 2012. № 4. pp. 116–124.
16. Lyashenko V.I. Increase in ecological safety in the mining region. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 12. pp. 54–59.
17. Lyashenko V.I., Gurin A.A., Topolnyy F.F., Taran N.A. Substantiation of environmental protection technologies and means for dust suppression of tailings surfaces of hydrometallurgical production and concentration plants. Metallurgicheskaya i gornorudnaya promyshlennost = Metallurgical and Ore Mining Industry. 2017. № 2 (305). pp. 94–104.
18. Lyashenko V.I., Golik V.I. Scientific, design and technological support of the uranium production development. Achievements and tasks. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2017. № 7. pp. 137–152.