V.S. Zaburdayev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Lead Researcher, email@example.com IPCON RAN, Moscow, Russia
The studies of methane emission intensity in to the workings of the working sites of Kuzbass and Vorkuta mines at various output capacities of cutter-loaders, gas content of coal layers and methane-bearing capacity of working sites are given.
The results of study of coal extraction and methane emission in the working faces of Kuzbass mines and Vorkutsk deposit are stated. Influence of consecutive impact of preliminary and natural degassing of the developed layer on the process of methane emission in face space of the long wall face at the operation of cutter-loader when drawing the coal is discovered. Dependence for determination of methane content in the coal massif in the split of its pulling by cutter-loader is offered. Influence of natural and mining factors on the processes of methane escape from the extracted and superimposed coal seams in methane-bearing capacity of the working site is estimated: thickness of the seam, minute coal extraction and intensity of methane emission, methane content of the coal massif in the zone of coal breaking by the cutter-loader. The share of the superimposed coal seams in methane-bearing capacity of the working site is established depending on average daily coal mining, number of the superimposed coal seams subjected to rock pressure relief, actual methane content to the beginning of pillar mining and its residual value after natural degassing. It is noted that the degassing level of the coal superimposed seams lying in the roof and in the soil of the extracted layer mainly depends on their geometrical layout in the coal bearing massif. Recommendations are given on the forecast of methane emission intensity at working sites taking into account the basic data and the established dependences of influence of natural and mining factors on the processes of methane emission at the working site.
1. Zaburdjaev V.S. Methane Hazard of Coal Mines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2013. № 8. pp. 60–64.
2. Slastunov S.V., Karkashadze G.G., Ermak G.P., Jutjaev E.P. Preliminary and Operational Forecast of Permissible Loads on the Working Face at Intensive Mining of Gas-Bearing Coal Seams. Ugol = Coal. 2015. № 3. pp. 30–35.
3. Karkashadze G.G., Volkov M.A., Ermak G.P. Improvement of Methods for Calculating the Load on the Working Face based on Mine Measurements of Reservoir Pressure and the Parameters of Mass Transfer of Methane in the Coal Seams. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij bjulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2011. № 8. pp. 169–175.
4. Slastunov S.V., Karkashadze G.G., Ermak G.P., Nikitin S.G. Forecast of Permissible Load on the Working Face on Gas Factor. Available at: http:www.rusnauka. com/28_NII_2012/Tecnic/13_117650.doc.htm (accessed: March 8, 2017).
5. Slastunov S.V., Karkashadze G.G., Kolikov K.S., Ermak G.P. Analytical Methods of Calculation of Permissible Load on the Working Face on Gas Factor. Fiziko-tehnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh = Physical and Technical Problems of Mining. 2013. № 6. pp. 53–58.
6. Instrukcija po degazacii ugolnyh shaht (Manual on Coal Mines Degassing). Ser. 05. Iss. 22. Moscow: ZAO NTC PB, 2012. 250 p.
7. Zaburdjaev V.S. Sposob opredelenija dopustimoj po gazovomu faktoru proizvoditelnosti ochistnogo kombajna (Method of Determination of Cutter-Loader Admissible Output Capacity on Gas Factor). Patent RF. № 2584023. S1. Applied: April 02, 2015. Published: May 20, 2016. Bulletin № 14.
8. Zaburdjaev V.S. Sposob opredelenija gazonosnosti massiva uglja v zone ego razrushenija (Method of Identification of Coal Massif Gas Content in the Zone of its Destruction). Patent RF. № 2557022. S1. Applied: September 25, 2014. Published: July 20, 2015. Bulletin № 20.
9. Hupp K.L., Bibler C. Pilcher R.C. Recovery of Methane from abandoned Golden Eagle mine property. International coal bed methane: Proceedings. 1999. pp. 449–460.
10. Coal mine methane in Russia: Capturing the safety and environmental benefits. International Energy Agency: Information paper. 2009. 66 p.
11. Schultz Karl H. International finance and coal mine methane projects: Proceedings. 1999. pp. 429–438.