V.S. Zaburdayev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Lead Researcher, firstname.lastname@example.org IPCON RAN, Moscow, Russia
Coal mining at the Russian Federation gas mines is conducted at 16 coal basins and deposits. The grade composition of coals varies from long-flame to anthracites. The categories of coal mines estimated on methane are divided into nongaseous ones, which share is about 5 %, methane hazardous (25 %), super-categorical on methane and dangerous on sudden emissions of coal and gas (70 %). Explosions and methane-air mixtures ignitions for a long time occurred both in case of low absolute methane emissions into the mine workings, and at high levels (in cases of disturbance of the ventilation regime of the faces, with large volumes of sudden release of methane into the workings, during their gasification and ignition of methane-air mixtures). Gas hazard at the methane abundant mines remains quite high: despite the fact that the number of explosions in the last 30 years has decreased, their severity has increased. The emergence of gas hazards at the mines is facilitated by: complex mining and geological conditions of bedding of coal seams, great depth of mining, high methane content of coal, methane accumulations in the developed space, possible violations of norms and rules for mining, low efficiency or absence of degassing of coal seams and developed space, insufficient experience and qualification of individual engineering and technical personnel and miners. Insufficient level of implementation of new highly effective methods and means of reducing methane hazard at the mines was noted. Based on the results of the study of gas processes the proposals have been made for the normalization of methane situation at the coal mines.
1. Instruction for Degassing of Coal Mines. 3-е izd., ispr. Ser. 5. Iss. 22. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 240 p.
2. Zaburdyaev V.S., Podobrazhin S.N., Rychkovskiy V.M. Safety and efficiency of schemes of gas emission management at the coal mines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 9. pp. 50–55.
3. Instructions for the Application of Ventilation Schemes for the Working Areas with Isolated Methane Drainage from the Developed Space by Means of Gas-suction Plants. 3-е izd., ispr. Ser. 05. Iss. 21. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 124 p.
4. Ruban A.D., Artemev V.B., Zaburdyaev V.S., Zaburdyaev G.S., Rudenko Yu.F. Problems of ensuring high productivity of the working faces at the methane abundant mines. Moscow: URAN IPKON RAN, 2009. 396 p.
5. Zaburdyaev V.S., Zakharov V.N., Artemev V.B., Yasyuchenya S.V. Coalmine methane: problems of recovery and utilization. Moscow: Izd-vo «Gornoe delo», 2014. 256 p.
6. Instructions for controlling the composition of mine air, identification of gas stability and establishing the categories of mines on methane and/or carbon dioxide: Federal Norms and Rules in the Field of Industrial Safety. 3-е izd., ispr. Ser. 05. Iss. 34. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 64 p.
7. Zaburdyaev V.S. Category of coal mine hazard on methane. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2016. Special Iss. 1. pp. 300–314.
8. Information Bulletin of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service. 2016. № 4 (85). 62 p.
9. Kulikova E.Yu. Technological, ecological and economic problems of the development of megapolis underground space. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2016. Special Iss. 1. pp. 333–344.
10. Chicken J.C. Risk Handbook. London: International Thomson Business Press, 1996. 388 p.
11. Cohen B.L. Catalog of Risks Extended and Updated. Health Physics. 2011. Vol. 61. pp. 89–96.
12. Zaburdyaev V.S. Productivity of the working faces of methane abundant mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2017. Special Iss. 1. pp. 190–202.
13. Zaburdyaev V.S. Problems and ways of preventing gas-dust hazard during coal-face works. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 2. pp. 34–38.
14. Artemev V.B., Ruban A.D., Zaburdyaev V.S., Yutyaev E.P. Industrial regulation for the technology of extraction and utilization of the mine methane in the process of development of high-gas-bearing coal seams by an underground method. Ugol = Coal. 2010. № 2. pp. 18–20.