During the operation of firefighter combat clothing, as well as any other product containing textile materials, there is a constant decrease in the values of indicators that determine its technical condition and the possibility of further use. This is facilitated by many factors that have a random nature of influence over time.
On the basis of statistical data on the operation of combat clothing, it was concluded that the main reason for the withdrawal of firefighter combat clothing from service is its physical and mechanical wear, which, among other things, leads to a decrease in thermal protection indicators. The structural elements that are subjected to the greatest physical and mechanical loads and greater destruction during operation are determined. The physical and mechanical parameters of the material of the top of the firefighter combat clothing (explosive load, tear resistance) have actual values that are 2–3 times higher than the normative ones, and the fire resistance of the material of the upper part and the water resistance of the polymer layer, subject to the rules of operation and maintenance of the firefighter combat clothing, are preserved. With this in mind, it is possible to extend the life of its operation beyond the established regulatory acts. It is impossible to carry out instrumental control of the technical condition of a firefighter combat clothing in a fire department. Therefore, the only available method for checking the technical condition of a firefighter combat clothing and determine its possible suitability for further operation is visual inspection. Appropriate criteria were developed and established for it: availability of the required design documentation; appearance, completeness, operability of accessories; the possibility of conducting restorative repairs using a repair kit; terms of operation; the number of restoration repairs, etc.
2. Poroshin A.A., Kharin V.V., Bobrinev E.V., Udavtsova E.Yu., Kondashov A.A. Rationing issues of resource requirements of fire protection service. Pozharnaya i tekhnosfernaya bezopasnost: problemy i puti sovershenstvovaniya = Fire and technospheric safety: problems and ways of improvement. 2020. № 1 (5). pp. 507–512. (In Russ.).
3. Loginov V.I., Mikhaylov E.S. Reliability of protective clothing of insulating type for firefighters. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire safety. 2011. № 2. pp. 98–102. (In Russ.).
4. Nesterov I.V., Loginov V.I., Arkhireev K.E. Report on the research work Analysis of equipping with fire-technical weapons, rescue equipment, special protective equipment for units of all types of fire protection operating in the Far North and in the Arctic zone, as well as the technical condition of products in operation (Fire Technical Equipment Arctic). Book 1. Statistical data from the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations for the subjects of the Russian Federation. Balashikha: FGBU VNIIPO MChS Rossii, 2020. 395 p. (In Russ.).
5. Gushchina K.G., Belyaeva S.A., Komandrikova E.Ya., Fedorovskaya V.S., Yurchenko N.N., Kalina O.N., Kirillova L.I., Kolyshkina I.A., Sudnitsina R.I., Nikitin A.V., Stelmashenko V.I., Zaytseva L.V. Operational properties of materials for clothing and methods for assessing their quality: directory. Moscow: Legkaya i pishchevaya promyshlennost, 1984. 312 p. (In Russ.).
6. Loginov V.I. Design and comprehensive quality assessment of special combat clothing for the firefighters: abstract of the thesis … Doctor of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2010. 48 p. (In Russ.).
7. Ignatov I.D., Loginov V.I., Panov I.V. The firefighter combat clothing protects him. Innovative technologies for cleaning special protective clothing for firefighters from contaminants hazardous to health. Pozharnoe delo = Fire business. 2018. № 8. pp. 44–47. (In Russ.).
8. Gusarov A.M., Kuznetsov A.A., Dmitrakovich N.M. Researches of the package stability of materials for the fire fighter’s protective clothing to multicyclic thermal action. Vestnik Vitebskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta = Vestnik of Vitebsk State Technological University. 2012. Iss. 1. № 22. pp. 39–47. (In Russ.).
9. Gagnon B.D. Evaluation of New Test Methods for Fire Fighting Clothing. Available at: https://digital.wpi.edu/downloads/9p2909353 (accessed: October 7, 2022).
10. Arkhireev K.E., Ignatova I.D., Loginov V.I., Mikhaylov E.V., Silakova E.V., Andreev D.V. Modern methods for assessing the heat-shielding properties of personal protective equipment for firefighters. Aktualnye voprosy sovershenstvovaniya inzhenernykh sistem obespecheniya pozharnoy bezopasnosti obektov: sb. materialov VIII Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Topical issues of improving engineering systems for ensuring fire safety of objects: collection of writings of the VIII All-Russian scientific-practical conference). Ivanovo, 2021. pp. 3–7. (In Russ.).
11. Loginov V.I., Ignatova I.D., Arkhireev K.E. Test results of special protective clothing for firefighters by «Termomaneken» tester. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire safety. 2011. № 3. pp. 89–93. (In Russ.).
12. Dale J.D., Crown E.M., Ackerman M.Y., Leung E., Rigakis K. Instrumented Mannequin Evaluation of Thermal Protective Clothing. Performance of Protective Clothing. Philadelphia: American Society for Testing and Materials, 1992. Vol. 4. pp. 717–733.