The new principle was developed related to constructing multipoint electro-optical system for a flame detection based on the total of non-coordinate electro-optical gauges located in a special way at a protected technogenic facility. Such an approach allows to detect the flame and determine its spatial coordinates throughout the whole volume of the protected premise of the complex geometric shape with the required accuracy and high speed.
Technical principle for multipoint electro-optical system functioning and non-coordinate electro-optical gauges, which are part of it, was developed, and the electro-optical system prototype was created. Optimal spectral ranges were defined for controlling radiation, and the relevant radiation sensors were selected taking into account the compensation method for optical noise suppression in the non-coordinate electro-optical gauges. Approaches are given to the experimental study of the key technical parameters of the system, which is based both on the new methods of studying the error of defining spatial flame coordinates in the conditions close to the actual operating one. The new methods are based on the organization of a volumetric test bench with specially placed test firer sources of various types, which allows to establish the influence of the zone of flame location on the control accuracy.
Determination of the source of fire detection is studied by measuring the maximum distance to the test fire seat, at which there is a stable gauge actuation. Determination of the viewing angle is defined based on the gauge sensitivity diagram. Study of the multipoint electro-optical noise immunity gauges is studied based on the optical interference in the form of incandescent lamps radiation, and the heated bodies both at the simultaneous effect of the useful signal (flame) and in its absence. The system technical parameters were defined from five non-coordinate electro-optical gauges. The obtained results satisfy the requirements for the flame control system and confirm the correctness of the proposed principles of system constructing, as well as the applicability of the method for determining flame spatial coordinates.
- Kosterenko V.N., Timchenko A.N. Factors affecting the occurrence of methane gas explosions and coal dust in the mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2011. № 7. pp. 368–377. (In Russ.).
- Ayruni A.T., Klebanov F.S., Smirnov O.V. Explosion hazard of the coal mines. Moscow: Gornoe delo, 2011. 262 p. (In Russ.).
- GOST R 54777—2011. Automatic systems for localization and suppression of methane-dust-air mixture explosions in coal mines. General technical requirements. Test methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200092245 (accessed: August 14, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Analysis of the systems operating in the coal mines for localizing explosions, and the evaluation of their use efficiency: report on scientific research work. Available at: http://asvplv.ru/doc/expert_mvk.pdf (accessed: August 14, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Sidorenko A.I. Optoelectronic device for detecting fire sources and determining their two-dimensional coordinates: thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Biysk, 2015. 154 p. (In Russ.).
- Çetin A.E., Merci B., Günay O., Töreyin B.U., Verstockt S. Methods and Techniques for Fire Detection: Signal, Image and Video Processing Perspectives. Academic Press, 2016. 95 p. DOI: 10.1016/C2014-0-01269-5
- Icove D.J. Lyster C.T., Banwarth D.M. Passive microwave system and method for protecting a structure from fire threats. Patent US 2011/O155397 A1 United States A62C2/00. Published: June 30, 2011.
- Pesatori A., Norgia M. Infrared image system for fire location. Measurement. 2013. Vol. 46. № 10. pp. 4172–4178. DOI: 10.1016/j.measurement.2013.07.040
- Rao M.R., Borah S., Ramanna S.K., Kamruddin P.U., Rynkiewicz A., Weston C. System and method for detecting fire location. Patent WO2015092691 A1 United States G08B 17/12. Published: June 25, 2015.
- Gornostaev R.V., Osavelyuk P.A., Melnik A.A. Application of the new fire fighting technologies. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta GPS MChS Rossii = Vestnik of Saint-Petersburg University of State Fire Service of EMERCOM of Russia. 2009. № 4. pp. 23–28. (In Russ.).
- Töreyin B.U., Dedeoǧlu Y., Güdükbay U., Çetin A.E. Computer vision based method for real-time fire and flame detection. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2006. Vol. 27. Iss. 1. pp. 49–58. DOI: 10.1016/j.patrec.2005.06.015
- Lisakov S.A., Pavlov A.N., Sypin E.V. Application of neural networks to determine the coordinates of the seat of fire by multipoint electro-optical system. Proceedings of 15th International Conference of Young Specialists on Micro/Nanotechnologies and Electron Devices (EDM). Novosibirsk, 2014. pp. 265–269. DOI: 10.1109/EDM.2014.6882526
- Zyryanova M.N., Lisakov S.A., Pavlov A.N., Sypin E.V. Application of numerical simulation for solving the problem of determining the spatial coordinates of the fire seat by multipoint electro-optical system. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Bulletin of Research Center for Safety in Coal Industry. 2015. № 1. pp. 43–50. (In Russ.).
- Lisakov S.A., Pavlov A.N., Sypin E.V., Leonov G.V. Determination of control points quantity and their location in protected object for high-speed multipoint electro-optical system for fire detection and determine its spatial coordinates. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Bulletin of Research Center for Safety in Coal Industry. 2017. № 1. pp. 87–100. (In Russ.).
- Lisakov S.A., Pavlov A.N., Sypin E.V. High-speed Multipoint Electrooptical System of Flame Detection and Determination of its Spatial Coordinates. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 10. pp. 7–13. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-10-7-13
- GOST 53325—2012. Fire techniques. Means of fire automatics. General technical requirements and test methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200102066 (accessed: August 14, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Lisakov S.A., Pavlov A.N., Sypin E.V., Leonov G.V. An experimental study on verification of the adequacy of determining the spatial coordinates of the flame by a multipoint electro-optical system. Izmerenija, avtomatizacija i modelirovanie v promyshlennosti i nauchnyh issledovanijah (IAMP — 2017): materialy XII Vseros. nauch.-tehn. konf. (Measurements, automation and modeling in the industry and scientific research: materials of XII All-Russian scientific and technical conference). Biysk: Izd-vo Alt. gos. tekhn. un-ta, 2017. pp. 209–215. (In Russ.).