The issue of formalizing the concept of «risk» is considered taking into account its components in the form of harm (damage) to legally protected values. The problem is studied related to developing the methods for assessing harm (damage) of various scale and severity that can be inflicted on legally protected values.
Analysis was carried out concerning fires and their consequences in the buildings (structures) for industrial purposes with division into various industries. In the period from 2015 to 2018, the share of fires without material damage was about 77 %, and since 2019 it has increased to 95 %.
Data is provided on the economic damage from fires, and information on the number of damaged and destroyed buildings (structures) in various branches of industry for 2020–2021. It was found that the proportion of fires with unregistered material damage at the industrial facilities is about 80 % of the total number of fires. Such an indicator testifies the urgency of the problem of developing and applying computational methods for assessing economic damage from fires that complement the official departmental statistics.
Based on the regulations of the Methodological Recommendations on the organization of the calculation of material damage from fires, the officials of the state fire supervision authorities carried out calculations of the direct material damage from fires in the industrial sector. Use of the calculation methods will allow to improve the accuracy of assessing material damage from fires at the industrial facilities. This helps to reduce the proportion of fires without confirmed damage, and to more correct determination of their economic consequences.
2. Zobkov D.V., Poroshin A.A., Kondashov A.A., Bobrinev E.V., Udavtsova E.Yu. Methodology for assigning objects of protection to a certain risk category in the field of fire safety. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2020. № 4 (101). pp. 26–35. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.37657/vniipo.pb.2020.101.4.002
3. On amendments to the Regulation on the Federal State Fire Supervision: Resolution of the Russian Federation Government of October 12, 2020 № 1662. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/565995398 (accessed: April 08, 2022). (In Russ.).
4. Technical regulation on fire safety requirements: The Federal Law of July 22, 2008 № 123-FZ. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902111644 (accessed: March 13, 2022). (In Russ.).
5. On formation of the electronic databases of accounting for fires and their consequences: Order of EMERCOM of Russia of December 24, 2018 № 625. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/552366056 (accessed: March 13, 2022). (In Russ.).
6. Zagumennova M.V., Poroshin A.A., Firsov A.G. Methodological approach to determining material damage from fires. Modeli, sistemy, seti v ekonomike, tekhnike, prirode i obshchestve = Models, Systems, Networks in Economics, Engineering, Nature, and Society. 2021. № 4 (40). pp. 64–79. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21685/2227-8486-2021-4-6
7. Seifert I., Thieken A.H., Merz M., Borst D., Werner U. Estimation of Industrial and Commercial Asset Values for Hazard Risk Assessment. Natural Hazards. 2009. Vol. 52. Iss. 2. pp. 453–479. DOI: 10.1007/S11069-009-9389
8. Penning-Rowsell E.C., Johnson C.L., Tunstall S.M., Tapsell S.M., Morris J., Chatterton J.B., Green C.H. The Benefits of Flood and Coastal Risk Management: A Handbook of Assessment Techniques. London: Middlesex University Press, 2005. 81 p.
9. Cadena J.E., McLaggan M., Osorio A.F., Torero J.L., Lange D. Maximum allowable damage approach to fire safety performance quantification. Fire Safety Journal. 2022. Vol. 128. pp. 103537. DOI: 10.1016/j.firesaf.2022.103537
10. Cadena J.E., Hidalgo J., Maluk C., Lange D., Torero J.L., Osorio A.F. Overcoming risk assessment limitations for potential fires in a multi-occupancy building. Chemical Engineering Transactions. 2019. Vol. 77. pp. 463–468. DOI: 10.3303/CET1977078
11. Methodological recommendations on the organization of the calculation of material damage from fires by the officials of the state fire supervision authorities (approved by the Order of EMERCOM of Russia dated January 28, 2022 № 43). 1-е izd., dop. Balashikha: FSBI VNIIPO EMERCOM of Russia, 2022. 129 p. (In Russ.).
12. Gordienko D.M. Fires and fire safety in 2020: statistical collection. Moscow: VNIIPO, 2021. 112 p. (In Russ).
13. Industrial production in Russia. 2021: statistical collection. Moscow: Rosstat, 2021. 305 p. (In Russ.).