Modern mining enterprises engaged in development of the minerals are located in the regions of different conditions including in the regions of the Far North. For reducing the capital and operating costs, the management of these enterprises strives to optimize the technological processes for the raw materials extraction. These processes include ventilation of the underground mines. One of the ways to reduce capital costs in the mines with a flanking ventilation system is not to use the air heaters on the ventilation shafts due to their remoteness from the main industrial site of the mine and air supply shafts. In emergency conditions, when it is required to reverse the ventilation stream, the situations may arise when cold air starts flowing into the underground workings of the mine. The effect of negative temperatures of the air stream during reversal can have negative consequences associated with disruption of the operation of technological equipment, support of the ventilation shafts, and, also, affect the well-being and health of the miners during their evacuation. In this regard, it is required to conduct research on the thermophysical processes arising from the reversal of the ventilation stream, and to develop the appropriate preventive measures.
The results of a study of the reverse mode of the mine ventilation in cold season in the absence of heating of the air stream entering the ventilation shaft are presented. Mathematical modeling was performed concerning change in the air temperature in the mine workings during reversal using AeroSet program. The main hazardous factors affecting the reversal of the air stream are highlighted, and the required measures are proposed aimed at compensating the negative consequences of the effect of cold air on the support and equipment in the shaft during ventilation.
2. Kormshchikov D.S., Popov M.D. Normalization of the deep deposits thermal regime of the Taimyrsky mine until the commissioning of the air conditioning system. Gornoe echo = Mountain echo. 2019. № 2. pp. 92–96. (In Russ). DOI: 10.7242/echo.2019.2.22
3. Kazakov B.P., Zaytsev A.V. Study of the formation processes of the deep mines thermal regime. Vestnik Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Bulletin of Perm National Research Polytechnic University. Geology. Oil & Gas Engineering & Mining. 2014. № 10. pp 91–97. (In Russ).
4. Levin L.Yu., Semin M.A., Zaitsev A.V. Mathematical methods of forecasting microclimate conditions in an arbitrary layout network of underground excavations. Journal of Mining Science. 2014. Vol. 50. № 2. pp. 371–378.
5. Kurilko A., Solovev D. Temperature conditions in the ventilation shaft lining and the space behind lining when reversing the main ventilation unit in winter. Proceedings of VIII International Scientific Conference «Problems of Complex Development of Georesources». Les Ulis: EDP Sciences, 2020. pp. 1–7. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/202019201018
6. Pach G., Różański Z., Wrona P., Niewiadomski A.P., Zapletal P., Zubíček V. Reversal Ventilation as a Method of Fire Hazard Mitigation in the Mines. Energies. 2020. Vol. 13. pp. 1–17. DOI: 10.3390/en13071755
7. Olkhovskiy D.V., Kuzminykh E.G., Zaitsev A.V., Semin M.A. Study of Heat and Mass Transfer in Ventilation Shafts of Deep Mines in the Case of Airflow Reverse. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2021. Vol. 1945. pp. 1–8. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1945/1/012044
8. Shalimov A.V., Kazakov B.P., Zaytsev A.V. Analytical Approach to Estimation of Water Build-up Effect in Mine Ventilation Shafts. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov = Bulletin of the Tomsk Politechnic University Geo Assets Engineering. 2021. Vol. 332. № 6. pp. 39–48. (In Russ). DOI: 10.18799/24131830/2021/6
9. Zaytsev A.V., Kazakov B.P., Kashnikov A.V., Kormshchikov D.S., Kruglov Yu.V., Levin L.Yu., Malkov P.S., Shalimov A.V. Certificate № 2015610589 on the state registration of a computer program. AeroSet analytical complex. Applied: April 24, 2014. Published: February 20, 2015. Computer programs register. (In Russ).
10. Levin L.Yu., Semin M.A., Klyukin Yu.A. Experimental study of change in air distribution on potash mines during revers of main fan installation. Vestnik Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Bulletin of Perm National Research Polytechnic University. Geology. Oil & Gas Engineering & Mining. 2015. Vol. 14. № 17. pp. 89–97. (In Russ).
11. Afanaseva R.F., Chebotarev A.G., Konstantinov E.I. Methodological approaches to the categorization of the working environment by workplace microclimate parameter at mines. Gornaya promyshlennost = Mining Industry. 2013. № 6. pp. 72–79. (In Russ).
12. MR 126.96.36.1999—06. Methodological recommendations. Labor physiology and ergonomics. Modes of work and rest of those working in the cold period of time in an open area or in the unheated rooms. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200047514 (accessed: November 26, 2021). (In Russ).