The main scientific and practical results of safety improvement of the granite development at the manganese ore deposits of Ukraine in energetically fractured zones of rock massifs are described based on the example of the development of the reserves of Nikopol basin. In this case, the improved methods were used concerning mining, laboratory and mathematical studies, theoretical and physical modeling, as well as the analysis and generalization of the obtained results using various methods. Issues were studied related to the development of gray granites in the energetically fractured zones of the rock massifs taking into account the manifestation of the energy of rock pressure around the underground workings, physical essence of the phenomenon of zonal encapsulation is revealed. Physical properties of the rocks were studied, new hypotheses about rock pressure were tested. Assessment of the degree of outcropping stability was considered, the regularities of their deformation and destruction were identified, the parameters of structural elements of the development systems, methods of support and the corresponding types of lining were determined. Process solutions were systematized releted to the control of the mined-out space, which consider technogenic factors influencing energy state of the massif, and predetermine the ways to increase safety of granite development at manganese deposits. The method was proposed concerning mining of the gray granite in the conditions of attenuation of mining operations on production of manganese ore reserves in the mining branches of the mine fields of Nikopol-Marganetsky basin. This approach allows to improve the parameters of the operational blocks of the pillar-and-room development system, to reduce twice the cost of production and significantly extend the life of manganese deposits instead of liquidating them. The new technology is recommended for producing monolithic blocks of gray granite in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the stone-processing industry of Ukraine.
2. Lyashenko V.I., Dyadechkin N.I. Development of technologies and technical means for handling waste from uranium production. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2013. № 4. pp. 82–87. (In Russ.).
3. Sadovenko I., Rudakov D., Inkin O. Geotechnical schemes to the multi-purpose use of geothermal energy and resources of abandoned mines. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining. Rotterdam: CRC Press / Balkema, 2014. pp. 443–450.
4. Sdvyzhkova O.O., Babets D.V., Kravchenko K.V., Smirnov A.V. Determining of the displacements of rock mass nearby the dismantling chamber under effect of plow longwal. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University. 2016. № 2. pp. 34–42.
5. Gorova A., Pavlychenko A., Kulyna S., Shkremetko O. Ecological problems of post-industrial mining areas. Geomechanical Processes During Underground Mining. Rotterdam: CRC Press / Balkema, 2012. pp. 35–40.
6. Busylo V., Savelieva T., Serdyuk V. Applying noncantilevered support of mechanized complexes for developing flat seams. Mining of Mineral Deposits. 2016. Vol. 10 (2). pp. 9–17. DOI: 10.15407/mining10.02.009
7. Sobolev V.V., Bilan N.V., Khalymendyk A.V. Оn formation of electrically conductive phases under electrothermal activation of ferruginous carbonate. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University. 2017. № 4. pp. 53–60.
8. Khomenko O., Kononenko M., Bilegsaikhan J. Classification of theories about rock pressure. Solid State Phenomena. 2018. Vol. 277. pp. 157–167. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.277.157
9. Lozynskyi V., Saik P., Petlovanyi M., Sai K., Malanchyk Y. Analytical research of the stress-deformed state in the rock massif around faulting. International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa. 2018. Vol. 35. pp. 77–88. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/JERA.35.77
10. Bondarenko V., Symanovych G., Koval O. The mechanism of over-coal thin-layered massif deformation of weak rocks in a longwall. Geomechanical Processes during Underground Mining. 2012. Vol. 6. pp. 41–44.
11. Stupnik M., Kalinichenko V., Pysmennyi S., Fedko M., Kalinichenko O. Method of simulation of rock mass stability in laboratory conditions using equivalent materials. Mining of Mineral Deposits. 2016. Vol. 10. № 3. pp. 46–51.
12. Stupnik N.I., Kalinichenko V.A., Kolosov V.A., Pismenniy S.V., Fedko M.B. Testing complex-structural magnetite quartzite deposits chamber system design theme. Metallurgical and Mining Industry. 2014. Vol. 6. Iss. 2. pp. 88–93.
13. Tereshchuk R.M., Khoziaikina N.V., Babets D.V. Substantiation of rational roof-bolting parameters. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University. 2018. № 1. pp. 19–26. DOI: 10.29202/nvngu/2018-1/18
14. Khomenko O., Kononenko M., Kovalenko L., Astafiev D. Self-regulating roof-bolting with the rock pressure energy use. Available at: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2018/35/e3sconf_usme2018_00009.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2018).
15. Khomenko O. Implementation of energy method in study of zonal disintegration of rocks. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University. 2012. № 4. pp. 44–54.
16. Cheberiachko S.I., Yavorska O.O., Morozova T.I. Study of mechanical half-mask pressure along obturation bar. Technical and Geoinformational Systems in Mining. Rotterdam: CRC Press / Balkema, 2011. pp. 317–323.
17. Khomenko O., Kononenko M., Myronova I. Ecological and technological aspects of iron-ore underground mining. Mining of Mineral Deposits. 2017. Vol. 11. Iss. 2. pp. 59–67. DOI: 10.15407/mining11.02.059
18. Hrinov V., Khorolskyi A. Improving the process of coal extraction based on the parameter optimization of mining equipment. Available at: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2018/35/e3sconf_usme2018_00017.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2018).
19. Khomenko O., Sudakov A., Malanchuk Z., Malanchuk Y. Principles of rock pressure energy usage during underground mining of deposits. Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University. 2017. № 2. pp. 34–43.
20. Khomenko O.E., Lyashenko V.I. Geodynamic safety when increasing the depth of underground mining of ore deposits. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova = Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. 2018. Vol. 16. № 4. pp. 4–12. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2018-16-4-4-12
21. Khomenko O.E., Kononenko M.N. Safe development of the decorative jaspilites in the energetically disturbed massifs. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 8. pp. 15–23. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-8-15-23
22. Kononenko M., Khomenko O., Sudakov А., Drobot S., Lkhagva Ts. Numerical modelling of massif zonal structuring around underground working. Mining of Mineral Deposits. 2016. Vol. 10. Iss. 3. pp. 101–106. DOI: 10.15407/mining10.03.101