To ensure and maintain the level of safety at a metallurgical enterprise (as well as at any other hazardous production facility), it is advisable to select specialists with the appropriate professionally important qualities, prepare them for possible psychological stresses, teach them the correct methodology of performing work for avoiding possible injuries and accidents at the production site. Training and certification of managers are fixed in the relevant regulatory documents, but the professionally important qualities of the employee are not specified in any regulation documents. It is professionally important qualities that help an employee to cope with an emergency, correctly process the information received and quickly make the right decision, clearly follow the guidelines of the production instructions and rules. According to the statistics of incidents, many safety violations are committed by the employees not because of ignorance, but because of disregard for the written rules and regulations. Such incidents testify to the incomplete correspondence of the professionally important qualities of the employee to the chosen activity. The paper presents the results of a study of professional recruitment in the field of metallurgy, the main hazardous factors of production, statistical data on injuries and accidents at the metallurgical enterprises. By the method of expert assessments, the professionally important qualities required for the crane operator and operators of conveyor belts were revealed. Methodologies were selected that make it possible to determine the required professionally important qualities. In the course of the study a number of tests were conducted, which demonstrated that the respondents generally have satisfactory neuropsychic stability, as well as an adequate strategy for solving problems in stressful situations. This allowed to conclude that in a situation of increased psycho-emotional stress, a person will quickly and correctly assess the situation, then make the right decision or take an action that will not aggravate the situation.
2. Glebova E.V., Volokhina A.T., Vikhrov A.E. Estimate of the Level of Industrial Safety Culture based on the Application of the Methods of Statistical Data Analysis. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 12. pp. 66–74. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-12-66-74
3. Hossein M. Professionally important qualities of personality: social and pedagogical discourse. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333313972_PROFESSIONALLY_IMPORTANT_QUALITIES_OF_PERSONALITY_SOCIAL_AND_PEDAGOGICAL_DISCOURSE/ (accessed: April 18, 2021). DOI: 10.17721/2616-7786.2018/3-1/10
4. Maklakov A.G. Professional psychological selection of the personnel. Theory and practice: Textbook for universities. Saint Petersburg: Piter, 2008. 480 p. (In Russ.).
5. Savchenko T.N., Golovina G.M., Veselkov A.F. Investigation of professionally important qualities and subjective quality of life using PDS UNIPRO system. Prikladnaya yuridicheskaya psikhologiya = Applied legal psichology. 2014. № 4. pp. 141–153. (In Russ.).
6. Hyunkang Hur. Job security matters: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the relationship between job security and work attitudes. Available at: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-management-and-organization/article/job-security-matters-a-systematic-review-and-metaanalysis-of-the-relationship-between-job-security-and-work-attitudes/0673B314906B1F4D7C3FA0AD8F5F4070/share/25a37920fbba6b75bbd3acd229cbfbb05de36338 (accessed: April 18, 2021).
7. Otto T. Safety for Particle Accelerators. Available at: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-030-57031-6#about (accessed: April 18, 2021).
8. Martinez R.G., Purswani R., Prado-Roman M. Optimization of the professionals selection and training by artificial intelligence. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339862468_Optimization_of_the_professionals_selection_and_ Available at: training_by_artificial_intelligence (accessed: April 18, 2021). DOI: 10.35564/jmbe.2020.0009
9. Andreev A.V., Burlov V.G., Byzov A.P., Gomazov F.A. Methodological Approach to the Estimation of Management Efficiency to Labor Protection in the Manufacture. XXI vek: itogi proshlogo i problemy nastoyashchego plyus = XXI Century: Resumes of the Past and Challenges of the Present Plus. 2019. Vol. 8. № 1 (45). pp. 191–196. (In Russ.).
10. Volokhina A.T. Scientific and methodological foundations for improving industrial safety management system at the gas mains transportation enterprises using a competency-based approach to the personnel: abstract of a thesis ... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Ufa, 2018. 47 p. (In Russ.).
11. Questionnaire for assessment of the neuropsychic stability «Forecast». Available at: https://impsi.ru/testy/anketa-otsenki-nervno-psihicheskoj-ustojchivosti-prognoz/ (accessed: April 18, 2021). (In Russ.).
12. Kornilova T.V. Melbourne decision-making questionnaire: Russian-language adaptation. Available at: http://psystudy.ru/index.php/num/2013v6n31/883-kornilova31.html (accessed: April 18, 2021). (In Russ.).
13. Negreeva V.V., Vasilenok V.L., Kagiyan O.A. Problems of labor protection and industrial safety of ferrous metallurgy enterprises. Available at: http://economics.ihbt.ifmo.ru/file/article/19289.pdf (accessed: April 18, 2021). (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17586/2310-1172-2019-12-4-41-50