Strength properties of the pipe material are random variables and have a statistical straggling that differs for pipe products of different grades. Distribution of these properties significantly effects on the results of calculating the current level of strength reliability and risk of linear sections for the main pipelines. The reliability of such calculations results depends not only on the distribution that obeys the strength properties of the pipe material at the surveyed section, but also on the dispersion limits of these properties. At present, the main pipelines have significant service lives. Due to this, when making assessment of the technical condition, safety, and risk level of linear sections, the issue is raised of how stable the distribution is related to the pipe steel strength properties with an increase of the service life for the main pipeline. The results of studies are presented concerning the actual distribution and limits of dispersion for the strength properties of pipe steel grade 17G1S after a long-term operation of the main pipeline. It is established that the regularities and strength properties dissipation limits for the material of a pipe made of the above steel are changing with time. Based on the results of the study, a practical example is considered related to the assessment of the effect of the identified changes on the probability of failure and the risk level for one of sections at the linear part of the main oil pipeline.
The results obtained in the work substantiate the need in considering changes in the distribution of strength properties that arises with an increase in the main pipelines service life. The outlined approach allows to increase the reliability of risk assessment results for the main pipelines having long-term service life.
2. Filatov A.A., George M.S. Effect of the gas pipelines operating conditions on the indicators of its strength reliability. Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti = Science and Technology in the Gas Industry. 2013. № 2 (54). pp. 75–82. (In Russ.).
3. Golofast S.L. Effect of Statistical Straggling of the Yield Strength of 17G1S Pipe Steel Grade on Strength Reliability of the Main Gas Pipelines. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 2. pp. 42–47. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-2-42-47
4. Filatov A.A., Novoselov V.V. Impact of strength properties of the pipe material on probabilistic characteristics of the safety factor in the conditions of gas pipeline operation. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft i gaz = News of higher educational institutions. Oil and Gas. 2014. № 4. pp. 80–85. (In Russ.).
5. O’Connor P.D.T., Kleyner A. Practical Reliability Engineering. 5th Ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2012. 485 p.
6. Smith D.J. Reliability, Maintainability and Risk: Practical Methods for Engineers. 8th Ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, Elsevier, 2011. 436 p.
7. STO Gazprom 2-2.3-184—2007. Method for the calculation and substantiation of strength and stability factor of the main gas pipelines at the stage of operation and maintenance. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data1/58/58957/ (accessed: October 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
8. SNiP 2.05.06—85*. Trunk pipelines. Moscow: FGUP TsPP, 2005. 60 p. (In Russ.).
9. Birillo I.N., Yakovlev A.Ya., Teplinskiy Yu.A., Bykov I.Yu., Voronin V.N. Assessment of the strength life of gas pipes with corrosion damage. Мoscow: TsentrLitNefteGaz, 2008. 168 p. (In Russ.).
10. Shotskiy S.A. Impact of temperature drop value on the risk level of main oil pipeline during the operation stage. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Exposition Oil Gas. 2020. № 2 (75). pp. 50–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24411/2076-6785-2020-10078
11. Golofast S.L. Assessment of the Main Gas Pipeline Strength Reliability Considering the Actual Regularities of the Distribution of the Pipe Wall Thickness. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 6. pp. 21–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-6-21-28
12. Golofast S.L. Assessment of the effect of the mechanical properties of 17G1S pipe steel of various manufacturers on the strength reliability of the main pipelines. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Exposition Oil Gas. 2018. № 7. pp. 67–72. (In Russ.).
13. Shotskiy S.A. Tracking random nature of creep strength on pipeline materials, while assessing resistance power of pipelines' curved sections weighted by uniform coating. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Exposition Oil Gas. 2019. № 5 (72). pp. 69–73. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24411/2076-6785-2019-10049
14. Golofast S.L. Monitoring of the Reliability of the Main Gas Pipeline Linear Sections During Various Periods of Operation. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 7. pp. 7–14. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-7-7-14
15. GOST 1497—84. Metals. Methods of tension test. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-1497-84 (accessed: October 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
16. Maritz J.S. Distribution-Free Statistical Methods. 2nd Ed. London: Chapman & Hall, 1995. 255 p.
17. Davydov A.N. Comparison of linear sections reliability for the changes in the properties of pipeline steel 14HGS long maintained pipelines. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Exposition Oil Gas. 2019. № 4. pp. 103–107. DOI: 10.24411/2076-6785-2019-10038 (In Russ.).