The model for assessing the levels of occupational risks was introduced and is used at the mechanical engineering enterprises during lifting equipment operation. The analysis of injuries carried out six months after the start of its use and familiarization of employees with the register and the level of hazards showed a decrease in risk levels in relation to previous periods.
The results of the study of the procedure for managing occupational risks when working on three types of cranes are presented: electric bridge crane; gantry crane and single-girder electric supporting bridge crane. The first two listed cranes are installed at hazardous production facilities.
After drawing up a plan for assessing occupational risks at the stage of risk identification, the method of questionnaires was used to collect information about production processes and determine the register of hazards. To analyze the work of the occupational health and safety management system, a multi-level control of the technological process and ensuring its safety was introduced. In practice, the relevance and availability of the Fine — Kinney method for assessing the levels of occupational risks was confirmed. When studying the significance of the impact of the procedures (elements) of the occupational health and safety management system on the probability of a hazard and, consequently, on the final level of occupational risk, the method of expert assessments was used.
The methods for formalizing assessment results proposed and implemented in the organizations reflect all the stages of the process and provide answers at any stage of the study of the occupational risk levels. The measures developed based on the results of the assessment of occupational risk levels allow to maintain safe working conditions and prevent the occurrence of hazards that lead to injuries at work.
- Da Silva S.L.C., Amaral F.G. Critical factors of success and barriers to the implementation of occupational health and safety management systems: A systematic review of literature. Safety Science. 2019. Vol. 117. pp. 123–132. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2019.03.026
- Klovach E.V., Tkachenko V.A., Kruchinina I.A., Persidskiy P.S. Comparative Analysis of the Requirements for Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment of the International Code ISO 45001:2018 and the Russian Requirements in the Field of Industrial and Occupational Safety. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 9. pp. 39–43. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-9-39-43
- Aleksandrova A.V., Shabanova D.N., Novikov V.V. Occupational health and safety management system at an industrial enterprise: building and assessment of functioning based on the risk analysis. Krasnodar: Izd-vo FGBOU VO «KubGTU», 2020. 171 p. (In Russ.).
- Shepherd G., Kahler R., Cross J. Crane fatalities — a taxonomic analysis. Safety Science. 2000. Vol. 36. Iss. 2. pp. 83–93. DOI: 10.1016/S0925-7535(00)00017-5
- Grant A., Hinze J. Construction worker fatalities related to trusses: An analysis of the OSHA fatality and catastrophic incident database. Safety Science. 2014. Vol. 65. pp. 54–62. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2013.12.016
- Behera R.K., Hassan M.I. Regulatory interventions and industrial accidents: A case from India for «Vision Zero» goals. Safety Science. 2019. Vol. 113. pp. 415–424. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2018.12.013
- Hale A.R., Ale B.J.M., Goossens L.H.J., Heijer T., Bellamy L.J., Mud M.L., Roelen A., Baksteen H., Poste J., Papazoglou I.A., Bloemhoff A., Ohh J.I.H. Modeling accidents for prioritizing prevention. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. 2007. Vol. 92. Iss. 12. pp. 1701–1715. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2006.09.025
- Safety rules for hazardous production facilities that use lifting devices: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. 2-e izd., ispr. i dop. Ser. 10. Iss. 81. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 164 p. (In Russ.).
- Taranushina, I.I., Popova O.V. Method of Professional Risk Assessment as the Element of Industrial Safety Concept. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 7. pp. 74–80. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-7-74-80
- Taranushina, I.I., Popova O.V. Occupational Risk Management at Hazardous Production Facilities Operating Hoisting Mechanisms. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 11. pp. 82–88. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-11-82-88
- Taranushina I.I., Popova O.V., Finochenko T.A. Execution of the Procedure for Hazards Identification and Occupational Risks Assessment. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 1. pp. 73–81. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-1-73-81
- About approval of the lists of harmful and (or) dangerous production factors and works, under which execution the compulsory preliminary and periodic medical examinations (surveys) are conducted, and the procedure of conducting compulsory preliminary and periodic medical examinations (surveys) of the employees engaged in hard works and at works with harmful and (or) hazardous working conditions: the order of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Development dated April 12, 2011 № 302н. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902275195 (accessed: November 30, 2020). (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the Intersectoral rules for providing employees with special clothing, special shoes, and other personal protective equipment: the order of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Development dated June 01, 2009 № 290н. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902161801 (accessed: November 30, 2020). (In Russ.).
- About the approval of standard regulation on the occupational safety management system: the order of the Ministry of labor of Russia of August 19, 2016 № 438н. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420376480 (accessed: November 30, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Kinney G.F., Wiruth A.D. Practical Risk Analysis for Safety Management. China Lake: Naval Weapons Center, 1976. 20 p.
- Kokangül A., Polat U., Dağsuyu C. A new approximation for risk assessment using the AHP and Fine Kinney methodologies. Safety Science. 2017. Vol. 91. pp. 24–32. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2016.07.015
- Goryainov V.B., Pavlov I.V., Tsvetkova G.M., Teskin O.I. Mathematical statistics: textbook for universities. Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. Baumana, 2001. 424 p. (In Russ.).
- Rae A.J., Alexander R. Forecasts or fortune-telling: When are expert judgements of safety risk valid? Safety Science. 2017. Vol. 99. Pt. B. pp. 156–165. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2017.02.018