S.M. Kirov mine of JSC SUEK-Kuzbass develops Boldyrevsky and Polenovsky seams and is classified as a super-category for methane. Under these conditions, the development of seams requires a set of measures for their degassing. Methods and parameters for degassing the main sources of methane release in the coal mines are selected considering the faces gas content. It is calculated based on the natural methane content of the coal seams and host rocks determined at the stage of geologic exploration activity.
The aim of the work conducted by the authors is to establish the actual distribution of natural methane seam Boldyrevsky based on the analysis of research results of the coal-gas samples and experimental evaluation of the residual gas content in the mine workings.
Natural gas content of the mine field of S.M. Kirov JSC SUEK-Kuzbass mine was determined based on the analysis of 538 coal-gas samples on 30 seams. All the coal and gas samples taken from Boldyrevsky seam were analyzed. Distribution of the actual values of natural methane content from the hypsometric depths of the seam was plotted. Distribution was plotted concerning the actual values of natural methane from hypsometric depths of the formation. The obtained data were compared with the results of experimental determination of the residual gas content of Boldyrevsky seam from the mine workings. Based on the results obtained, CH4 isogases were constructed based on the actual and maximum values of the natural methane content in Boldyrevsky seam.
It is established that the natural methane content of Boldyrevsky seam, that was determined at the stage of geological exploration for the entire field of S.V. Kirov mine, has overestimated values — by 35–40 % compared to the actual data, and by 25–30% in relation to the maximum actual data.
2. Geological materials of the feasibility study of permanent exploration conditions for Kirov Mine Field and Kirovsky Glubokiy sections of Lenin coal deposit at JSC SUEK-Kuzbass. Leninsk-Kuznetskiy: OOO «Georesurs», 2013. 134 p. (In Russ.).
3. Skoczylas N., Dutka B., Sobczyk J. Mechanical and gaseous properties of coal briquettes in terms of outburst risk. Fuel. 2014. Vol. 134. pp. 45–52. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2014.05.037
4. Zhai C., Xiang X., Xu J., Wu S. The characteristics and main influencing factors affecting coal and gas outbursts in Chinese Pingdingshan mining region. Natural Hazards. 2016. Vol. 82. pp. 507–530. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-016-2195-2
5. Instruction for degassing coal mines. Ser. 05. Iss. 22. 3-e izd., ispr. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2020. 240 p. (In Russ.).
6. Geological materials of the feasibility study of permanent exploration conditions for Kirov Mine Field and Kirovsky Glubokiy sections of Lenin coal deposit at JSC SUEK-Kuzbass. Moscow: Nedra, 1977. 96 p. (In Russ.).
7. OST 41-01-276—87. Natural gas content of coal deposits. Laboratory study methods. Rostov-on-Don: Rostaprint VNIGRIugol, 1988. 28 p. (In Russ.).
8. ASTM D7569 / D7569M — 10(2015). Standard practice for determination of gas content of coal — direct desorption method. West Conshohocken: ASTM International, 2010. 12 p.
9. AS 3980—1999. Guide to the determination of gas content of coal — direct desorption method. 2nd Ed. North Sydney: Standards Association of Australia, 1999. 28 p.
10. Akhmetgareev R.A., Fedorov E.V. About the Standards of Gas Content Identification in Coal. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 11. pp. 30–35. (In Russ.).
11. Recommendations for determining the gas content of coal seams. Ser. 05. Iss. 48. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 44 p. (In Russ.).
12. Akhmetgareev R.A., Fedorov E.V. Trial Tests of Determination Methods for Gas Content of the Developed Coal Layer. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 9. pp. 43–48. (In Russ.).
13. Fedorov E.V., Shenin D.S. Experimental evaluation data on gas content of working coal seams in Kirov mine. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2019. № 5. pp. 51–58. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-05-0-51-58
14. Trubetskoy K.N., Kaplunov D.R. Mining: terminological dictionary. 5-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2016. 635 p. (In Russ.).