Ensuring qualitative indicators, reduction of the coal mining costs are of primary, strategic importance, and they are associated with the reliability of the technological processes. Upcoming trend of the development of coal mining is the implementation of physical processes based on the new principles with a generalized concept «geotechnology», which are specific for mining environment. Intensive development of mining operations resulted in growth of the diversity of situations at the mine fields. Making technological decisions assumes that any behavior of the system is already known, and possible problematic situations give way to stereotypical, reference ones. The main types of the operational control of the states of the geomechanical system with complex-mechanized coal excavation: control by changing the technology of coal excavation; control of the mechanized complex operating modes; control based on processing of the massif with giving to it the required properties. It is impossible to create lining that complies with all the characteristics of geomechanical systems, but it is possible to actively influence the massif in order to create in it the required desired state and the reference situation for it in the field of mining face. This state of massif can be considered guaranteed if the values of the physicomechanical properties of the massif are within the required range according to the condition of the interaction of lining with the host rocks. Thus, the conditions are fulfilled concerning the fulfillment of the given behavior of the geomechanical system by solving the problem of ensuring effective operation of the mechanized complexes under the conditions of the disturbed formations. Among the areas of the scientific and technological progress in the coal industry, the development and the evolution of the unconventional technologies and methods of mining in the underground conditions at the existing mines and special sections are the first stage in the area of the development of new mining principles. Analysis of the results shows that these methods are technically feasible and promising.
2. Melnik V.V., Agafonov V.V., Yakunchikov S.N. Design of the multifunctional systems. Tez. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Podzemnaya ugledobycha XXI vek» (Themes of the International scientific-practical conference «Underground coal mining of the XXI century»). Leninsk-Kuznetsky, 2018. (In Russ.).
3. Dzhigrin A.V., Kvaginidze V.S., Razumnyak N.L. Concept of efficient safe development of high-gas-bearing flat coal seams by the underground method in difficult geological conditions. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining information and analytical bulletin. 2011. Fasc. 9. pp. 131–138. (In Russ.).
4. Dzhigrin A.V., Razumnyak N.L., Melnik V.V., Kavardakov A.A. Technical and technological solutions on the development of high gas-bearing flat coal seams. Perspektivy innovatsionnogo razvitiya ugolnykh regionov Rossii: sb. tr. V Mezhdunar. prakt. konf. (Prospects for the innovative development of coal regions of Russia: collection of works of the V International Practical Conference). Prokopyevsk: filial KuzGTU, 2016. pp. 47–51. (In Russ.).
5. Dzhigrin A.V., Melnik V.V., Razumnyak N.L., Lupiy M.G. Coal mining technology without the permanent attendance of people in the working area. Perspektivy innovatsionnogo razvitiya ugolnykh regionov Rossii: sb. tr. V Mezhdunar. prakt. konf. (Prospects for the innovative development of coal regions of Russia: collection of works of the V International Practical Conference). Prokopyevsk: filial KuzGTU, 2016. pp. 13–18. (In Russ.).
6. Golik V.I., Lukyanov V.G., Maslennikov S.A., Melkov D.V. Improving Safety of Work at the Development of Flat Thin Beds. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 9. pp. 66–70. (In Russ.).
7. Ben-Awuah E., Richter O., Elkington T., Pourrahimian Y. Strategic mining options optimization: Open pit mining, underground mining or both. International Journal of Mining Sciences and Technology. 2016. Vol. 26. Iss. 6. pp. 1065–1071.
8. Golik V., Komaschenko V., Morkun V., Khasheva Z. The effectiveness of combining the stages of ore fields development. Metallurgical and Industry. 2015. Vol. 7. pp. 401–405.
9. Bonsu J., van Dyk W., Franzidis J-P., Petersen F., Isafiade A. A systemic study of mining accident causality: an analysis of 91 mining accidents from a platinum mine in South Africa. Journal of The Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. 2017. Vol. 117. pp. 59–66.
10. Liu X., Yang S. Three-dimensional numerical simulation of methane drainage by high-level drill holes in a lower protective coal seam with a «U» type fact. International Journal of Coal Sciences & Technology. 2014. № 1 (4). pp. 434–440.
11. Charehdash G., Barzegar M. Numerical models currently being developed for use in mining industry. Mine planning and equipment selection. Proceeding of 22nd MPES Conference. Dresden: Springer, 2013. pp. 481–490.
12. Glazov D.D., Orishchin A.D. Flexible technology of complex-mechanized coal hewing. Moscow: Nedra, 1992. 464 p. (In Russ.).
13. Melnik V.V., Kuznetsov Yu.N., Grokhotov F.I. Geomechanical base for ensuring the sustainability of mine workings and the efficiency of coal mining technology. Tula: TulGU, 2017. 120 p. (In Russ.).
14. Chernyak I.L., Yarunin S.A. Control of the array of rocks condition. Moscow: Nedra, 1998. 395 p. (In Russ.).
15. Yagodkin G.I. On the effect of mechanization of the second working on labor productivity. Voprosy razrabotki ugolnykh mestorozhdeniy podzemnym sposobom = Issues of the development of coal deposits by the underground method. Moscow: IGD im. A.A. Skochinskogo, 1983. pp. 75–78. (In Russ.).
16. Korovkin Yu.L., Savchenko P.F. Theory and practice of long-face systems. Moscow: Izd-vo «Gornoe delo» OOO «Kommercheskiy tsentr», 2012. 608 p. (In Russ.).
17. Yakobi O. Practice of rock pressure Practice management of rock pressure. Moscow: Nedra, 1987. 566 p. (In Russ.).
18. Chernyshov A.V. Development of the method for protection of excavation workings for the purpose of their reuse by rigid reusable security structures: thesis ... Candidate of technical sciences. Moscow: IGD im. A.A. Skochinskogo, 1994. 146 p. (In Russ.).
19. Chernyshov A.V., Kuznetsov Yu.N. Development of the Way of Protection of Extraction Workings of Mobile High Rigidity Cut Walling. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2016. № 5. pp. 53–59. (In Russ.).