The relevance of the publication is related to the high fire hazard of lighting products. Based on the analysis of fire statistics in the Russian Federation, it is shown that the lamps occupy the fifth place among all the types of electrical installations in terms of the number of fires, direct material damage from them, as well as the number of people perished. At the same time, the number of fires at storage facilities from electrical equipment for the period 2010–2019 is about 39 %, of which the lamps account for a third of all fires.
One of the significant objective reasons for such unfavorable statistics is the large number of luminaires in operation at the facilities, as well as their wide assortment and many types of design on the application area.
The article summarizes the experience of recent work carried out in the field of fire hazard research of various types of lamps used for the warehouse lighting in particular, the lamps with fluorescent lamps and incandescent lamps, LED lamps and high-pressure gas discharge lamps. The physical and technical causes and possible mechanisms of ignition of these electrical products are shown.
As a result of the conducted research on the example of the two most common types of lamps used in the storage facilities (with incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps) a method for calculating the probability of fires from these products is proposed, which is fully consistent with the requirements of the current GOST 12.1.004—91 and becomes particularly relevant in the development of standards regulating fire-fighting requirements for lamps instead of GOST 17677—82, which became invalid in the Russian Federation in 2020.
- On the formation of electronic databases for accounting fires and their consequences: Order of the Ministry of EMERCOM of Russia of December 24, 2018 № 625. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_317860/ (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Regulatory requirements for warehouse lighting. Available at: https://oxisrnd.ru/trebovaniya-osveshenie-skladov (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Requirements and standards for warehouses lighting. Available at: https://skladovoy.ru/trebovaniya-i-normy-po-osveshheniyu-skladov.html (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- IEC 60695-1-12:2015. Fire hazard testing — Part 1–12: Guidance for assessing the fire hazard of electrotechnical products — Fire safety engineering. Available at: https://webstore.iec.ch/preview/info_iec60695-1-12%7Bed1.0%7Db.pdf (accessed: January 11, 2020).
- Requirements for the illumination of industrial premises and workplaces. Fire safety requirements for lighting. Available at: http://ohrana-bgd.narod.ru/edaproiz_80.html (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Fluorescent lamps. Available at: https://mybiblioteka.su/6-91430.html (дата обращения: 11.01.2021). (In Russ.).
- Smelkov G.I., Chekirda O.V., Pekhotikov V.A. On the issue of assessing the fire safety of electronic control gears for gas-discharge lamps. Goryuchest veshchestv i khimicheskie sredstva pozharotusheniya: sb. st. Vyp. 6 (Flammability of substances and chemical extinguishing agents: collection of articles. Iss. 6). Мoscow: VNIIPO, 1979. pp. 65–70. (In Russ.).
- Leuchtstofflampenals Zündqule. Brandverhütung. 1977. № 125. pp. 66–67.
- Pekhotikov V.A., Stefanov S.Z. Fire hazard of incandescent lamps Pozharnaya profilaktika v elektroustanovkakh: sb. nauch. tr. Vyp. 1 (Fire prevention in electrical installations: collection of research. Iss. 1). Мoscow: VNIIPO, 1979. pp. 63–64. (In Russ.).
- Smelkov G.I., Pekhotikov V.A. Fire safety of lighting products. Мoscow: Energoatomizdat, 1991. 160 p. (In Russ.).
- Kasholkin B.I., Meshalkin E.A. Fire extinguishing in the electrical installations. Fire hazard of lamps and fixtures. Available at: https://forca.ru/knigi/oborudovanie/tushenie-pozharov-v-elektroustanovkah-9.html (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Smelkov G.I., Aleksandrov A.A., Chekirda O.V., Ostrovskaya V.V. Material Fire Hazard Determination Method. Patent USSR № 949456 A1, MPK G01N 25/50. Applied: October 14, 1980. Published: August 7, 1982. Bulletin № 29. (In Russ.).
- Two examinations confirmed that a lamp was the cause of the fire in the Winter Cherry shopping mall and entertainment complex. Available at: https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/5497753 (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Vagin G.Ya., Masleeva O.V., Pachurin G.V., Terentev P.V. Research Fire Hazard Modern Light Source. Available at: https://applied-research.ru/pdf/2014/09/5778.pdf (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Possible causes of destruction of the metal halide lamps. Available at: https://artlight.ru/blog/activity/34/ (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.004—91*. Occupational safety standards system. Fire safety. General requirements. Available at: https://ohranatruda.ru/ot_biblio/norma/218117/ (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Message from the President to the Federal Assembly: message from the President of the Russian Federation to the Federal Assembly of March 1, 2018. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_291976/ (дата обращения: 11.01.2021). (In Russ.).
- GOST 17677—82. Lamps. General specifications. Available at: https://internet-law.ru/gosts/gost/39457/ (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).