The issue of organization of monitoring technical condition of the wire rope — responsible bearing element of the rig structure is considered in the article. In the process of installation and round-trip operations during construction of wells, the wire rope is under high-intensity static and dynamic mechanical loads. In addition, the wire ropes of drilling rigs in the process of operation are subject to significant corrosion and friction wear. The proposed technology for monitoring technical condition of the wire ropes is based on the use of automated diagnostic devices that implement the magnetic method of nondestructive testing. This method is based on the registration of magnetically sensitive magnetic flux scattering sensors caused by the loss of the rope cross-section on the metal during operation due to corrosion and (or) the appearance of local defects (broken wire) from the active mechanical loads. The technology is described concerning monitoring technical condition of the wire ropes with the use of new diagnostic equipment — the INTROS-AVTO automated magnetic flaw detector. The results are given related to monitoring technical condition of the wire rope at one of the drilling rigs of OOO «Targin Burenie», which was carried out during the pilot-industrial tests of the automated INTROS-AVTO flaw detector. The strength of wire rope according to the diagnostics data was estimated. The efficiency of using automated magnetic flaw detector for ensuring trouble-free operation of the wire ropes of drilling rigs for production and exploratory drilling of oil and gas wells is illustrated.
D.A. Slesarev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Project Director O.P. Potekhin, Deputy Commercial Director I.I. Shpakov, Group Leader INTRON PLUS, Ltd., Moscow, Russia V.Yu. Volokhovsky, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), VolokhovskyVY@mpei.ru A.N. Vorontsov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.) FGBOU VO NIU MPEI, Moscow, Russia
1. Safety rules in oil and gas industry: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 08. Iss. 19. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 314 p. (In Russ.).
2. Safety rules for hazardous production facilities on which lifting devices are used: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 10. Iss. 81. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2016. 150 p. (In Russ.).
3. GOST 16853—88. Steel wire ropes for operational and deep exploratory drilling. Technical specifications. Available at: http://files.stroyinf.ru/Data1/20/20966/ (accessed: April 25, 2018). (In Russ.).
4. GOST 33718—2015. Lifting cranes hoisting. Wire lines. Care and maintenance, inspection and rejection. Available at: http://files.stroyinf.ru/Index/62/62027.htm (accessed: April 25, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. Basic requirements for conducting non-destructive testing of technical devices, buildings and structures at hazardous production facilities: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 28. Iss. 14. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 16 p. (In Russ.).
6. Gronau O., Belitsky S., Sukhorukov V. NDT of steel ropes with magnetic flaw detectors: documentation and interpretation of test results. Proceedings of the 15th World Conference on NDT. Roma, 2000. pp. 15–21.
7. Sukhorukov V. Steel wire ropes NDT: new instruments. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of the Slovenian Society for Non-destructive Testing. Portorož, 2001. pp. 225–230.
8. Vorontsov A., Volokhovsky V., Slesarev D. Combined approach to damaged wire ropes life-time assessment based on NDT results and rope mechanics. Journal of Physics: Conference series. 2011. Vol. 35. 9 p.
9. Sukhorukov V.V., Slesarev D.A., Vorontsov A.N. Electromagnetic inspection and diagnostics of steel ropes: technology, effectiveness and problems. Materials Evaluation. 2014. Vol. 72. № 8. pp. 1019–1027.
10. Slesarev D., Sukhorukov D., Shpakov I. Automated magnetic rope condition monitoring: concept and practical experience. Proceedings of the OIPEEC Conference. La Rochelle, 2017. pp. 295–300.
11. RD 03-348—00. Methodical instructions for magnetic flaw detection of steel ropes. Basic provisions. Promyshlennaya bezopasnost pri ekspluatatsii gruzopodemnykh kranov: sb. dok. (Industrial safety during operation of lifting cranes: collection of reports). Ser. 10. Iss. 7. 4-e izd., ispr. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. pp. 14–35. (In Russ.).
12. Report on the results of pilot-industrial tests of INTROS-AVTO automated flaw detector for monitoring steel hoisting ropes at operating USPK-250 EK drilling rigs in the West Siberian deep drilling expedition of OOO «Targin Burenie» from 26.03.2016 to 22.09.2016. Moscow: «INTRON PLUS» Ltd, 2016. 31 p. (In Russ.).
13. Malinovskiy V.A. Steel ropes. In 2 parts. Part 2. Odessa: Astroprint, 2002. 180 p. (In Russ.).
14. Feyrer K. Wire Ropes: Tension, Endurance, Reliability. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2007. 326 p.
15. Kogaev V.P. Strength calculations at stresses which are time-variant. Moscow: Mashinostronie, 1977. 232 p. (In Russ.).