I.I. Buzuev, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof. I.A. Sumarchenkova, Cand. Sci. (Chem.), Assoc. Prof. D.O. Bukleshev, Candidate, email@example.com FSBEI HE «Samara State Technical University», Samara, Russia
Various scenarios for the occurrence and development of accidents were developed at the plant for production of commercial lubricating oils belonging to the category of hazardous production facilities at dewaxing. The assessment was conducted related to the zones of possible thermal damage to the personnel based on the calculated intensity of thermal radiation at a distance of up to 30 m from the geometric center of the leak to the irradiated object. In the event of accident leading to depressurization of the pipeline of the liquid ammonia and subsequent intoxication of the operating personnel, the scale of the contamination was calculated. According to the received data, under the most unfavorable weather conditions and delay in taking measures to localize and eliminate the accident, the radius of possible contamination with threshold toxodosis can reach 500 m. In this case, the possibility of intoxication not only of the plant personnel but also of the personnel of neighboring facilities is high. Risk assessment of accident in case of pipeline depressurization was carried out. It is shown that this block is in the zone of strict risk control, i.e. the number of personnel required to implement the technological process should be minimal. Personnel presence in this zone is limited in time. The personnel should be well trained and ready to carry out protective measures in case of implementation of different scenarios of the accident development. It is excluded to have the presence in this zone of any additional potentially hazardous object that supports the domino effect and carries out continuous technological process. The obtained results allow to establish the degree of emergency hazard of the given technological block for advance warning of threats of causing harm to life, health of the personnel, environment. These results can be used in the development of regulatory documents on ensuring safety during operation of the plant.
1. Tripathy A., Nath G., Paikaray R. Ultrasonic Assisted Dewaxing of Crude Oil. Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics. 2017. Vol. 7 (3). pp. 71–77.
2. On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FL. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).
3. As’ad A.M., Yeneneh A.M., Obanijesu E.O. Solvent Dewaxing of Heavy Crude Oil with Methyl Ethyl Ketone. Journal of Petroleum & Environmental Biotechnology. 2015. Vol. 6. Iss. 2.
4. Methodological Framework for Conducting Hazard Analysis and Accident Risk Assessment at Hazardous Production Facilities: Safety Guide. Ser. 27. Iss. 16. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 56 p. (In Russ.).
5. Kozlitin A.M. Integrated risk of man-made systems. Palmarium Academic Publishing, 2012. 260 p. (In Russ.).
6. The method of determining the calculated values of fire risk at production facilities. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: February 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
7. Methods for modeling the distribution of accidental releases of hazardous substances: safety guide. Ser. 27. Iss. 11. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2016. 130 p. (In Russ.).
8. Belov S.V. Technogenic systems and environmental risk. Moscow: Yurayt, 2017. 434 p. (In Russ.).
9. Eghbali M.H., Solaimany Nazar A.R., Tavakoli T. An Experimental Study on the Operational Factors Affecting the Oil Content of Wax during Dewaxing Process: Adopting a DOE Method. Iranian Journal of Oil & Gas Science and Technology. 2013. Vol. 2. № 1. pp. 1–8.
10. Dawwod L.M., Al-Kindi L., Mansour M.M. Analysis of Maintenance Activities in Oil Lubrication Refinery Using Statistical Techniques. Eng. & Tech. Journal. 2015. Vol. 33. № 6. pp. 1494–1503.
11. Chettouh S., Hamzi R. Algerian Oil Refining Industry: Analysis of Past Industrial Accidents of the Period 2002–2013. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2014. Vol. 29. № 7. pp. 933–939.
12. Recommendations to the development of plans for containment and elimination of accidents in explosion and fire hazardous and chemically hazardous production facilities. Ser. 09. Iss. 35. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).