Development of low-power ore bodies of complex structure deposits by underground mining method requires reliable ensuring of personnel safety by maximum consideration of existing geomechanical factors. Minimization of costs while preserving safe working conditions is the topic of numerous scientific publications, including this article. Methodology of the conducted study includes the analysis of activities on improving the efficiency of ore extraction by using hidden reserves at the underground mining of the deposits and the interpretation of the obtained results.
The characteristic of the current state of the underground mining of gentle low-power ore bodies, mainly the deposits of non-ferrous, rare and precious metals is given in the article. Efficiency analysis is provided concerning the application of the system of continuous development depending on the stability of enclosing rocks to minimize the losses in the pillars. The advantages of the options of continuous development system are detailed. The issues are considered related to ensuring safety in case of occurrence and propagation of the air wave.
Proposed and scientifically substantiated the algorithm which is related to the parameters selection of efficient technologies of the deposits development based on joint accounting of geological, mining and geomechanical factors. The method is recommended for determining the zone of dangerous effect of mining operations on the earth surface, and the measures of hazard prevention in case of collapse of the roof over a large area with monitoring by geophysical methods. The example is given concerning the calculation of permissible safe parameters of working space.
Efficiency of the underground mining of gentle shallow low-power metal deposits and, first of all, the safety of the personnel depends on the possibility of using rock properties to create load-bearing structures by ensuring geomechanical balance of the massifs.
V.I. Golik, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., email@example.com Yu.V. Dmitrak, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Rector FGBOU VPO «NCSTU», Vladikavkaz, Russia O.G. Burdzieva, Cand. Sci. (Geogr.), Laboratory Head GPI VSC RAS, Vladikavkaz, Russia
1. Lizunkin V.M., Sitnikov R.V., Cho-din-cho E.N., Lizunkin M.V. Practice of developing low-power gentle and underlay lodes of Bom-Gorkhonsky tungsten deposit. Kulaginskie chteniya: materialy VII Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. Ch. 1 (Kulagin Readings: Proceedings of the VII All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. Part 1). Chita: ChitGU, 2007. pp. 108–111.
2. Komashchenko V.I., Vasilev P.V., Maslennikov S.A. For technologies of the underground development of KMA deposits — reliable raw material base. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = News of Tula State University. Sciences about the Earth. 2016. № 2. pp. 101–114.
3. Woodward K., Wesseloo J. Observed spatial and temporal behaviour of seismic rock mass response to blasting. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. 2015. Vol. 115. № 11. pp. 1044–1056.
4. Anokhin A.G., Semenko K.A., Darbinyan T.P., Tsirel S.V., Mulev S.N. Methodology of accounting for the level of effect of the ore-bearing massif displacement on seismic risk. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2014. № 4. pp. 19–24.
5. Kidybinski A. The role of geo-mechanical modelling in solving problems of safety and effectiveness of mining production. Archives of Mining Sciences. 2010. Vol. 55. № 2. pp. 263–278.
6. Golik V.I., Komashchenko V.I., Morkun V.S., Gvozdkova T.N. The theory and practice of rock massifs control in the ore mining. Metallurgical and Mining Industry. 2016. № 1. pp. 209–212.
8. Najafi A.B., Saeedi G.R., Farsangi M.A.E. Risk analysis and prediction of out-of-seam dilution in longwall mining. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2014. Vol. 70. pp. 115–122.
9. Kachurin N.M., Stas G.V., Korchagina T.V., Zmeev M.V. Geomechanical and aerogasdynamic consequences of undermining the territories of mining allotments of Eastern Donbass mines. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = News of Tula State University. Sciences about the Earth. 2017. Iss. 1. pp. 170–182.
10. Stas G.V. Aerogasdynamic processes of radon emission and its transfer by air ventilation at the underground coal mining. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = News of Tula State University. Sciences about the Earth. 2016. Iss. 2. pp. 173–188.
11. Dmitrak Yu.V., Kamnev E.N. AO «Leading design and survey and scientific and research institute of industrial technology» — the path with the length of 65 years. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2016. № 3. pp. 6–12.
12. Wang G., Li R., Carranza E.J.M., Zhang S., Yan C., Zhu Y., Qu J., Hong D., Song Y., Han J., Ma Z., Zhang H., Yang F. 3D geological modeling for prediction of subsurface Mo targets in the Luanchuan district, China. Ore Geology Reviews. 2015. Vol. 71. pp. 592–610.
13. Kozyrev A.A., Fedotova Yu.V., Zhuravleva O.G. Probabilistic forecast of the earthquake zones in the conditions of bump hazardous deposits of Khibinsk massif. Vestnik MGTU = Newletter of MGTU. 2014. Vol. 17. № 2. pp. 225–230.
14. Yakovlev D.V., Tsirel S.V., Mulev S.N. Regularities of the development and methods of quick assessment of technogenic seismic activity at the mining enterprises and in the mining regions. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh = Physical and Technical Problems of Mining. 2016. № 2. pp. 34–47.
15. Protosenya A.G., Kuranov A.D. Methods of predicting the stress-deformed state of mining massif at the combined development of Koashvinskoye deposit. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2015. № 1. pp. 67–71.
16. Golik V.I., Hadonov Z.M., Gabaraev O.Z. Upravlenie tehnologicheskimi kompleksami i jekonomicheskaja jeffektivnost razrabotki rudnyh mestorozhdenij (Technological Complexes Control and Economic Efficiency of Ore Deposits Development). Vladikavkaz: Terek, 2001. 390 p.
17. Golik V.I., Razorenov Ju.I. Proektirovanie gornyh predprijatij (Design of Mining Enterprises). Novocherkassk: JuRGTU, 2007. 262 p.
18. Ragheb A.E., Edwards S.J., Clarke P.J. Using Filtered and Semi-Continuous High Rate GPS for Monitoring Deformations. American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Surveying Engineering. 2010. Vol. 136 (2). pp. 72–79.
19. Rylnikova M.V., Radchenko D.N. Methodological aspects of designing the control system of mineral and raw materials streams in the full cycle of ore deposits integrated development. Ratsionalnoe osvoenie nedr = Rational Development of Mineral Resources. 2016. № 2–3. pp. 36–41.
20. Kaplunov D.R., Rylnikova M.V., Radchenko D.N. Conditions for sustainable development of the mineral and raw materials complex of Russia. Usloviya ustoychivogo funktsionirovaniya mineralno-syrevogo kompleksa Rossii (Conditions for Sustainable Functioning of the Mineral and Raw Materials Complex of Russia). Iss. 1. Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2014. pp. 3–11.