G.G. Vasilyev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Head of the Department I.A. Leonovich, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assistant, email@example.com Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Moscow, Russia
The article presents the results of the study of practical approaches to carrying out strength calculations of the main pipelines on all the up-to-date methods that are used both in Russian and foreign practice of design and construction of these facilities. Calculation of the wall thickness of the main pipeline — one of the cornerstones of the entire system of ensuring safety for these facilities, which are related to hazardous production facilities.
In connection with the active implementation of the new approaches to ensuring industrial safety in oil and gas industry in general and in the main pipeline transport, in particular, the differences in calculation methods according to the Russian and foreign norms were analyzed. The factors influencing the numerical values of wall thicknesses, the mechanisms of influence and the significance of these factors are determined.
Comparative analysis of the total thickness values is carried out.
Differences are identified concerning the approaches to determination and establishment of the empirical reliability coefficients in strength calculations. Integral estimates of these coefficients are obtained from the analyzed methods. Despite the fact that the foreign and Russian norms are based on the same theoretical dependencies and models, they differ significantly in the numerical values of the wall thicknesses of the pipelines for the same conditions. This is conditioned by different approach to the formation of empirical reliability coefficients.
The task is to determine the mechanisms for the formation of optimal reliability coefficients, which ensure, on the one hand, the high level of protection of hazardous production facility, and on the other hand —the optimal level of costs.
1. O standartizatsii v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: feder. zakon ot 29 iyunya 2015 g. № 162-FZ (On Standardization in the Russian Federation: Federal Law of June 29, 2015 № 162-FZ). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_181810/ (accessed: November 27, 2017).
2. O tekhnicheskom regulirovanii: feder. zakon ot 27 dek. 2002 g. № 184-FZ (On Technical Regulation: Federal Law of December 27, 2002 № 184-FZ). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_40241/ (accessed: November 27, 2017).
3. Tekhnicheskiy reglament o bezopasnosti zdaniy i sooruzheniy: feder. zakon ot 30 dek. 2009 g. № 384-FZ (Technical Regulations on Safety of Buildings and Structures: Federal Law of December 30, 2009 № 384-FZ). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_95720/ (accessed: November 27, 2017).
4. Ob utverzhdenii perechnya natsionalnykh standartov i svodov pravil (chastey takikh standartov i svodov pravil), v rezultate primeneniya kotorykh na obyazatenoy osnove obespechivaetsya soblyudenie trebovaniy Federalnogo zakona «Tekhnicheskiy reglament o bezopasnosti zdaniy i sooruzheniy»: postanovlenie Pravitelstva Ros. Federatsii ot 26 dek. 2014 g. № 1521 (On the approval of the list of national standards and sets of rules (parts of such standards and sets of rules), as a result of which application on mandatory basis the observance of the requirements of the Federal law «Technical Regulations on Safety of Buildings and Structures» is ensured: Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 26, 2014 № 1521). Available at: http://base.garant.ru/70835592/ (accessed: November 27, 2017).
5. SP 36.13330.2012. Magistralnye truboprovody (SP 36.13330.2012. Main Pipelines). Moscow: Gosstroy, 2013. 93 p.
6. Vasilyev G.G., Sentsov S.I., Leonovich I.A. On the state of regulatory regulation of field pipelines safety. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 4. pp. 28–33.
7. Vasilyev G.G., Sentsov S.I., Ivantsova S.G., Leonovich I.A. On the development of regulatory requirements to field pipelines for oil and gas. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry. 2017. № 1. pp. 78–83.
8. Ob utverzhdenii perechnya dokumentov v oblasti standartizatsii, v rezultate primeneniya kotorykh na dobrovolnoy osnove obespechivaetsya soblyudenie trebovaniy Federalnogo zakona ot 30 dekabrya 2009 g. № 384-FZ «Tekhnicheskiy reglament o bezopasnosti zdaniy i sooruzheniy»: prikaz Rosstandarta ot 30 marta 2015 g. № 365 (On the approval of the list of documents in the field of standardization, as a result of which application on a voluntary basis the observance of the requirements of the Federal law of December 30, 2009 № 384-FZ «Technical regulations on safety of buildings and structures» is ensured: order of Rosstandart of March 30, 2015 № 365). Available at: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/70835970/ (accessed: November 27, 2017).
9. Vasilyev G.G., Leonovich I.A., Salnikov A.P. Reliability coefficients in the calculations of thickness of the field pipelines wall. Truboprovodnyy transport: teoriya i praktika = Pipeline Transport: Theory and Practice. 2017. № 6 (64). pp. 48–54.
10. STO Gazprom 2-2.1-249—2008. Magistralnye truboprovody (STO Gazprom 2-2.1-249—2008. Main Pipelines). Moscow: OOO «IRTs Gazprom», 2008.
11. ISO 13623:2017. Petroleum and natural gas industries — Pipeline transportation systems. Available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/61251.html (accessed: November 27, 2017).
12. ASME B31.4—2016. Pipeline Transportation Systems for Liquids and Slurries. Available at: https://www.asme.org/products/codes-standards/b314-2016-pipeline-transportation-systems-liquids (accessed: November 27, 2017).
13. ASME B31.8—2016. Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping Systems. Available at: https://www.asme.org/products/codes-standards/b318-2016-gas-transmission-distribution-piping (accessed: November 27, 2017).
14. Hopkins P. High design factor pipelines: integrity issues. Technical Director Penspen Integrity. 2005. Quarter 2. pp. 69–97.