Thermophysical and design parameters of the personal protective equipment against general industrial pollution effecting the thermal comfort of the coal mines underground personnel are considered in the article.
Dependence was identified concerning the indicators of the employee thermal comfort on the category of work on the level of energy expenditure during mining operations in the personal protective equipment against general industrial pollution. The actual values of the energy expenditure level of the coal mines underground personnel are determined by the method based on fixing the heart rate. In assessing the employee thermal comfort, in addition to the microclimate parameters, it is required to consider thermal insulation of the used personal protective equipment. It was established that PMV (Predicted Mean Vote) indicator can be used when assessing the thermal comfort of the coal mines employees of various occupations in order to select suitable personal protective equipment.
Density of personal protective equipment contamination for the coal mines underground personnel of various professions during one shift was experimentally determined. Based on the obtained values the algorithm was developed concerning the samples contamination of the materials with coal dust with a given density for conducting experimental studies of the effect of special clothing material contamination on its thermal parameters. Change in the thermal resistance of the set of personal protective equipment depending on the density of its contamination with coal dust. The dependence of the thermal state of coal mine employees on the density of pollution by coal dust of the personal protective equipment used by them is revealed.
Topography of personal protective equipment contamination specific for various professions was determined. Design of the experimental sample of the personal protective equipment from the materials of different density with given parameters ensuring thermal comfort for the coal mines underground personnel performing category III works on the level energy expenditure is proposed.
- On the approval of the Interindustry rules for providing employees with special clothes, special footwear and other personal protective equipment: order of the Ministry of health and social development of Russia dated June 1, 2009 № 290н. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902161801 (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On approval of the Standard specifications for free distribution of special clothing, special footwear and other personal protective equipment for the employees of the operating and constructing mines, open-pit mines, coal mines and coal and shaly industry organizations engaged in works with harmful and (or) hazardous working conditions, as well as the works executed under special temperature conditions or related to pollution: order of Mintrud of Russia dated August 2, 2013 № 341н. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/499040589 (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Varjo J., Hongisto V., Haapakangas A., Maula H., Koskela H., Hyönä J. Simultaneous effects of irrelevant speech, temperature and ventilation rate on performance and satisfaction in open-plan offices. Journal of Environmental Psychology. 2015. Vol. 44. pp. 16–33.
- De Almeida R.A., Veiga M.M., de Castro Moura Duarte F.J., Meirelles L.A., Veiga L.B. Thermal comfort and personal protective equipment (PPE). Available at: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/66f8/27682510295ac7003f3b3cb089ce8f6c4adb.pdf (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.). DOI: 10.3233/WOR-2012-0042-4979
- GOST R 12.4.299—2017. Occupational Safety Standards System. Mining clothing for protection against mechanical effects and general industrial pollution. General technical requirements. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/556494233 (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- He J., Lu Y., Chen Y., Li. J. Investigation of the thermal hazardous effect of protective clothing caused by stored energy discharge. Available at: http://www.scicombinator.com/articles/3267958 (accessed: March 1, 2019).
- Smirnyakova V.V., Skudarnov S.M. Analysis of the working conditions of the coal industry employees. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining information and analytical bulletin. 2015. № 7. pp. 425–430. (In Russ.).
- Dolzhenkov A.F., Butukova T.S., Martynova N.A. Modern approaches to the assessment of dust permeability and dust holding capacity of miner overalls fabrics. Nauchnyy vestnik NIIGD «Respirator» = Scientific bulletin of NIIGD «Respirator». 2018. № 1. pp. 104–112. (In Russ.).
- Frontczak M., Wargocki P. Literature survey on how different factors influence human comfort in indoor environments. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/223419350_Literature_survey_on_how_different_factors_influence_human_comfort_in_indoor_environments (accessed: March 1, 2019).
- GOST R ISO 7730—2009. Ergonomics of the thermal environment. Analytical definition and interpretation of the thermal rate comfort using of PMV and PPD calculation indicators and local thermal comfort criteria. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200076557 (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Pustozerov E.A., Yuldashev Z.M. Model and method for assessing the energy consumed by the patient for control of the metabolic balance of the body. Biotekhnosfera = Biotechnosphere. 2015. № 4 (40). pp. 21–24. (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the Methodology for conducting special assessment of the working conditions, Classifier of harmful and (or) hazardous production factors, the forms of the report on conducting special assessment of the working conditions and instructions for its filling in: order of the Ministry of Labor of Russia of January 24, 2014 33№ н. Available at:http://base.garant.ru/70583958/ (accessed: March 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Bolibrukh B.V., Khmel M., Mazur Yu. Model of the thermal state of the firefighter in protective clothing. CNBOP-PIB. 2016. Vol. 4. Iss. 1. pp. 37–46. (In Russ.).
- Kolesnikov P.A. Thermal protective properties of clothing. Moscow: Legkaya industriya, 1965. 346 p. (In Russ.).
- Sokolova A.S., Kuznetsov A.A., Nadezhnaya N.L. Method for assessment of the thermal-resisting properties of clothing materials and their packages. Vestnik VGTU = VSTU Bulletin. 2016. № 2 (31). pp. 24–31. (In Russ.).
- Galkin A.F. Thermal regime of the underground structures of the North. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2000. 304 p. (In Russ.).
- Sidakov I.F., Stepanova L.V., Nikulin A., Nikulina A.Y. Human thermal comfort in miner’s overalls. Conference Proceedings «International Scientific Conference «Earth in Trap? Analytical Methods in Fire and Environmental Science». Zvolen, 2018. pp. 201–207.
- Vigelina O.A., Andreeva I.V., Stepanova L.V., Nikulin A., Nikulina A.Yu. Research of Fabric Air Permeability for Miner's Overalls. Conference Proceedings «International Scientific Conference «Earth in Trap? Analytical Methods in Fire and Environmental Science». Zvolen, 2018. pp. 264–270.