Modern economic conditions, intensive modernization and digitalization of production, and the level of technologies require a change in the approach to training in the field of occupational safety and health. It is necessary to improve the methodology and organization of the educational process, training programs, material and technical base and logistics.
Due to the appearance of Generation Z, the generation «born with gadgets in their hands», there was a huge gap between generations X, Y and Z (51–65, 31–50 and 18–30 years). The development of programs and training methods should consider generational psychophysiological features: the format, volume and speed of perception of information flows differ among employees of different generations.
The main aspects of the methodology that are recommended to be used in the development of training programs and methods are considered and justified. The first aspect is the change in perception due to digitalization of the society and economy, as well as the use of modern means of communication. The «bandwidth» of intelligence was increased: faster and more data is perceived per unit of time, but the ability to concentrate was decreased. In Generation Z, in comparison with X and Y, the ability to hold attention on one object decreased from an average of 12 to 8 seconds. Constant communication in gadgets and the specific format of information on the Internet formed the new psychophysiological features: to operate with abstractions, pictures; «scan» the text, and not read in the usual sense of the word, etc.
2. Fedin V.V. Main problems of quality of education and professional training in the field of labor protection. Available at: http://www.hsac.ru/articles/osnovnye_problemy_kachestva_obucheniya_i_professionalnoy_podgotovki_v_oblasti_ohrany_truda/ (accessed: April 27, 2020). (In Russ.).
3. Koshechkin Yu.V., Barabanova S.N. The basis of training in the field of technosphere safety lies in its quality. Vestnik selskogo razvitiya i sotsialnoy politiki = Bulletin of rural development and social policy. 2017. № 2 (14). рр. 31–34. (In Russ.).
4. Faynburg G.Z., Fedorets A.G. Current Issues of Labor Protection at the Present Stage. Bezopasnost i okhrana truda = Occupational health and safety. 2018. № 3 (76). pp. 1–22. (In Russ.).
5. Machles D. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Safety Training. Available at: https://ohsonline.com/Articles/2003/06/Evaluating-the-Effectiveness-of-Safety-Training.aspx (accessed: April 27, 2020).
6. Hilyer В., Veasey А., Oldfield К., Craft-McCormick L. Effective Safety and Health Training. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2000. 344 р.
7. Paul S.V. Safety Management Systems and Documentation Training Programme: Handbook. New Delhi: CBS Publishers & Distributors CBS, 2019. 416 р.
8. Orinina L.V. The specific character of the current Russian andragogy under the changing social and cultural conditions. Available at: https://articulus-info.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Orinina-ENG.pdf (accessed: April 27, 2020). (In Russ.).
9. Bogacheva N.V., Sivak E.V. Myths of Generation Z. Moscow: NIU VShE, 2019. 56 p. (In Russ.).
10. Karpenko M.P. Distance education. Moscow: SGA, 2008. 800 р. (In Russ.).
11. Shirokov Yu.A. On the directions of solving the problems of training personnel in labor protection for agriculture. Agrarnaya Rossiya = Agrarian Russia. 2018. № 9. рр. 45–48. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.30906/1999-5636-2018-9-45-48
12. Moran K. How People Read Online: New and Old Findings. Available at: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-people-read-online/ (accessed: April 27, 2020).
13. Konanchuk D.S., Volkov A.E. «Greenfield» era in education: SEDeC research. Available at: https://www.skolkovo.ru/public/media/documents/research/education_10_10_13.pdf (accessed: April 27, 2020). (In Russ.).
14. Verbakh K., Khanter D. Engage and dominate: Game thinking in the service of а business. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, 2015. 224 р. (In Russ.).
15. Orlova O.V., Titova V.N. Gamification as a way of learning organization. Available at: https://vestnik.tspu.edu.ru/files/vestnik/PDF/articles/orlova_o._v._60_64_9_162_2015.pdf (accessed: April 27, 2020). (In Russ.).
16. Shirokov Yu.А. Risk assessment in the field of occupational safety in connection with a retirement-age increase. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 6. рр. 29–34. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-6-29-34
17. Walz S.P., Deterding S. The Gameful World: Approaches, Issues, Applications. Cambridge, Massachusetts, London: MIT Press, 2015. 688 р.
18. Kaznacheeva S.N., Chelnokova E.A., Chelnokov A.S., Novozhilova E.V., Kaznacheev D.A. Innovative methods of staff training in the organization. Available at: https://esj.today/PDF/43ECVN120.pdf (accessed: April 27, 2020). (In Russ.).