The aim of this work is to improve the procedure for investigating industrial incidents. The article offers the methodology for assessing the degree of fault of the incident participants, including work injuries, based on a factor analysis of the event causes. Causal factors are divided into 20 groups, allowing to cover the entire spectrum of possible causes of any event. Brief description is given concerning the most often used methodology of incident analysis in the companies of fuel and energy complex. Based on the methods — Scale of events, Fault tree, and Five why — one of the most common incidents were analyzed, namely, falling on a flight of stairs of the office building during employee descending stairs. This incident belongs to the conditional group of End-to-end risks, that is risks inherent in all the workplaces at any enterprise. The causal factors and the exposure level on the participants of this event were determined, and the percentage of the victim's fault was calculated. The proposed methodology is based on the practice of internal investigation of incidents of the leading companies of fuel and energy complex. This methodology will help to eliminate gaps in the legislation, bring clarity and transparency to the procedure for investigating an industrial incident in terms of determining the degree of fault of the insured (victim) in case of gross negligence. The proposed methodology will be useful for specialists in the field of occupational and industrial safety, state labor inspectors and representatives of the trade unions.
It can be assumed that this methodology will motivate the employees of fuel and energy complex to work safely and increase the level of safety culture.
2. Volzhanskaya E. Gross negligence of the victim. Available at: https://ohranatruda.ru/news/2845/156159/ (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
3. Vorobev I. Indenents and occupational diseases. Features of the investigation. Gross negligence in an incident: order, practice, consequences of the establishment. Available at: https://e.otruda.ru/474367 (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
4. Recommendations to the trade union committee for determining the degree of the victim’s fault in case of industrial injury or occupational disease. Available at: https://pandia.ru/text/78/634/37972.php (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
5. On compulsory social insurance against industrial incidents and occupational diseases: Federal law № 125-FZ of July 24, 1998 (last eition.). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_19559/https://clck.ru/G3xet (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
6. On the approval of the forms of documents required for the investigation and record of industrial incidents, and the provisions on the features of the investigation of industrial incidents in certain branches of industries and organizations: Decree of Mintrud of Russia of October 24, 2002, № 73 (as amended on November 14, 2016). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_39925/ (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
7. STO Gazprom 18000.4-008—2019. Analysis of the root causes of incidents. Procedure for their establishment and development of prevention measures. Available at: https://pererabotka.gazprom.ru/d/textpage/6e/110/sto-gazprom-18000.4-008-2019-analiz-kornevykh-prichin.pdf (accessed: July 5, 2020). (In Russ.).
8. Provision of the company. Procedure for incidents investigation. № PZ-05 P-0778. Available at: http://zakupki.rosneft.ru/files/zakup/45835/2020-03/551445/docs/BP3-05_R-0778_IZM1.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
9. Standard for reporting incidents and subsequent activities. Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd., 2018. Available at: http://www.sakhalinenergy.ru/media/library/ru/forcontractors/procedures/Incident%20Reporting%20and%20Follow-Up%20Standard%20rus%20rev%2004.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
10. RD EO 0095—2004. Regulatory document. Guidelines for analyzing the causes of violations in the operation of nuclear power plants, fires, incidents, and damage to buildings and structures. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data1/47/47805/ (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
11. OP-03.100.5 0-KTN-004-12. Procedure for organizing and conducting investigations of incidents that occurred to the employees of the organizations of Transneft system. Available at: https://www.studmed.ru/or-03-100-5-0-ktn-004-12-poryadok-organizacii-i-provedeniya-rassledovaniy-neschastnyh-sluchaev-proizoshedshih-s-rabotnikami-organizaciy-sistemy-transneft_a9fbefa3b7e.html (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
12. Wienen H.C.A., Bukhsh F.A., Vriezekolk E., Wieringa R.J. Accident Analysis Methods and Models — a Systematic Literature Review. Available at: https://functionalresonance.com/onewebmedia/Accident_Analysis_Methods_and_Models_a_Systematic_Literature_Review.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020).
13. Root causes analysis: Literature review. Contract Research Report 325/2001. Available at: https://www.hse.gov.uk/research/crr_pdf/2001/crr01325.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020).
14. Zhukov I.S. Safety Barriers: Notion, Classification, Concepts. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 5. pp. 49–56. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-5-49-56
15. GOST R ISO/IEC 31010—2011. Risk management. Risk assessment methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200090083 (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
16. Tips for investigating workplace incidents. Available at: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/131780/tips-for-investigating-workplace-incidents.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020).
17. GOST R 27.302—2009. Dependability in technics. Fault tree analysis. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200081358 (accessed: July 20, 2020).
18. Aleksandrov A.B., Martynyuk V.F., Fomin S.L., Fomina E.E. Use of the fault tree method for incidents analysis. Bezopasnost zhiznedeyatelnosti = Life Safety. 2002. № 9. pp. 6–11. (In Russ.).
19. BowTieXP. The next generation BowTie methodology tool. Bowtie Methodology Manual. Revision 15. Available at: https://www.icao.int/safety/SafetyManagement/SMI/Documents/BowTieXP%20Methodology%20Manual%20v15.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2020).
20. Professional risk assessment. Falling. Available at: https://clck.ru/PnT8N (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).
21. Key safety rules of PAO Gazprom. Available at: https://ch4gaz.ru/klyuchevye-pravila-bezopasnosti-pao-gazprom/ (accessed: July 20, 2020). (In Russ.).