Russia has a large network of oil and gas pipelines that supply hydrocarbons to the Russian economy, parts of Europe, Turkey, and Southeast Asia. The length of the main pipelines in Russia is more than 250 thousand km, including gas pipelines — 175 thousand km, oil pipelines — 55 thousand km and oil product pipelines — 20 thousand km. During operation of the field pipelines, one of the main duties of the maintenance personnel is to monitor the condition of the pipeline route, pipeline elements and their parts located on the surface of the earth, as well as maintenance of the compressor and gas distribution stations. Given that about 46 % of the territory of Russia is covered by the forests, some of these objects are located on the territory of the woodlands. These are the objects discussed in the article. Employees who maintain such hazardous production facilities have an increased occupational risk due to the possibility of a forest fire occurrence. There are about 400 thousand forest fires around the world every year. According to the Federal Forestry Agency, more than 18 thousand forest fires occur in Russia every year. Due to the large number of remote hazardous production facilities that require periodic maintenance, the task of protecting personnel and managing occupational fire risk at such facilities is up to date.
The risk can be represented as the product probability of hazardous production facilities location in the forest area on the probability of a forest fire occurrence in this area. The occupational risk will increase depending on the type of fire hazard. The increase in occupational risk will be influenced by the occurrence of that or other event in the conditions of the situation consisting of four stages — origin, initiation, culmination, and localization.
The paper presents a network diagram of possible variations in the development of a forest fire of a forest area where a hazardous production facility is located, thanks to which more detailed models can be built to assess the occupational fire risk of the personnel.
- On the approval of the Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety «Rules for safe operation of infield pipelines»: Rostechnadzor order dated November 30, 2017 № 515. Available at: https://rg.ru/2017/12/26/rostehnadzor-prikaz515-site-dok.html (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the Standard provision on the Occupational Safety Management System: Order of the Ministry of Labor of Russia dated August 19, 2016 № 438n. Available at: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71413730/ (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- 3 GOST 22.214.171.124—2018. Occupational safety standards system. Occupational safety and health management systems. Methods of hazards identification for various period of working. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200160464 (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- GOST 126.96.36.199—2018. Occupational safety standards system. Нealth management systems. Risk assessment methods to ensure the safety of work. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200160465 1200160464 (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Forest fires in Russia. Statistics and anti-records. Available at: https://tass.ru/info/6712527 (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.004—91. Occupational safety standards system. Fire safety. General requirements (with Amendment № 1). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/9051953 (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Puchkov V.A. Civil protection: an encyclopedia. In 4 volumes. Vol. IV (T–Z) (3-e izd., pererab. i dop.). Moscow: FGBU VNII GOChS (FTs), 2015. 496 p. (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the classification of natural fire hazard of the forests, and the classification of fire hazard in the forests depending on weather conditions: order of the Federal Forestry Agency dated July 5, 2011 № 287. Available at: https://aviales.ru/files/documents/2015/lps.npa/lps_30.pdf (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- GOST 17.6.1.01—83. Nature protection. Forest protection and preservation. Terms and definitions. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200009369 (accessed: April 13, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Kurbatskiy N.P. On the classification of the forest fires. Lesnoe khozyaystvo = Forestry. 1970. № 3. pp. 68–73. (In Russ.).
- Bezkorovaynaya I.N., Ivanova G.A., Tarasov P.A., Sorokin N.D., Bogorodskaya A.V., Ivanov V.A., Konard S.G., Makrae D.Dzh. Pyrogenic transformation of soils in the pine forests in the middle taiga of Krasnoyarsk Territory. Sibirskiy ekologicheskiy zhurnal = Contemporary Problems of Ecology. 2005. Vol. 12. № 1. pp. 143–152. (In Russ.).
- Keyn O.P., Klimova I.V. Detection of the forest fires using Lesnoy Dozor system in the Republic of Mordovia. Energoeffektivnye i resursosberegayushchie tekhnologii i sistemy: mezhvuzovskiy sb. nauch. tr. (Energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies and systems: interuniversity collection of research papers). Saransk: Izd-vo Mordovskogo universiteta, 2017. pp. 675–682. (In Russ.).
- Valendik E.N., Matveev P.M., Sofronov M.A. Large forest fires. Moscow: Nauka, 1979. 198 p. (In Russ.).
- Aglave A., Chaudhuri D., Johnson S. Application of STAMP to Process Industry. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference. Abu Dhabi: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2018. DOI: 10.2118/192756-MS
- Wu J., Lind M., Asheim B.A., Jørgensen S.B., Jensen N. PHA Based on First Principles Qualitative and Quantitative Models and Empirical Knowledge. SPE Intelligent Oil and Gas Symposium. Abu Dhabi: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2017. DOI: 10.2118/187929-MS
- Abdelsalam O.M. Process Safety in Design Verification in Operational Phase for Onshore Gas Production Plant. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference. Abu Dhabi: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2018. DOI: 10.2118/193076-MS
- Palazzolo M., Spingardi A. Integrating Human Factors in the Constructability Process. SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility. Abu Dhabi: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2018. DOI: 10.2118/190513-MS
- Keyn O.P., Klimova I.V. Reduction of Individual Risk for the Employee of Fuel Filling Stations with Building the Accident Logical Models. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 7. pp. 81–8 5. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-7-81-85