Influence of a person psychological state on occupational safety is studied. This issue is particularly relevant in the period of acceleration of the scientific and technological progress, from which the development of human mentality and the ability of the psychological adaptation to constantly changing life-sustaining activity should not be left behind.
The aim of the article is to study the depression features and their effect on labor safety of the specialists in the field of occupational safety with different levels of professional burnout.
The study was carried out using the following tests: Maslach Burnout Inventory — the version for engineering and technical employees, developed by С. Maslach and S. Jackson, in adaptation of N.E. Vodopyanova; Beck Depression Inventory and Zung Self-Rating Depression Test. Testing of specialists in the field of occupational safety was carried out. The number of subjects is 55 persons. Testing revealed the relationship and interdependence of the syndrome of professional burnout and depression as well as their effect on occupational safety. It is shown that as the level of burnout syndrome increases, there is an increase in depression in the subjects. The formation of symptoms of the burnout is primary. As this phenomenon progresses, the depressive disorders are added to the burnout.
Recommendations are presented on ensuring industrial safety taking into account the human factor, including: consideration of the individual and human personality of a human subject in professional orientation and choice of profession; a system of psychological support for a specialist, including in the periods of age and professional crises; mentoring of young specialists. The obtained results can be used to ensure industrial safety.
- Balint I., Murani M. Safety engineering psychology. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2008. 289 p. (In Russ.).
- Kotik M.A. Psychology and safety. Tallinn: Valgus, 2001. 440 р. (In Russ.).
- Merzlyakova D.R. Fundamentals of safety psychology: educational and methodological guide. Izhevsk: Izd-vo «Udmurtskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet», 2012. 83 р. (In Russ.).
- Anakhov S.V., Anoshina O.V. National technological initiative and the strategies educational policy. Materialy X Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Novye informatsionnye tekhnologii v obrazovanii i nauke» (Materials of the Tenth International Scientific and Practical Conference «New information technologies in education and science»). Ekaterinburg: Izd-vo RGPPU, 2017. рр. 14–18. (In Russ.).
- Kozlova S.D., Tatyankina T.V. National technological initiative and trends in the development of the vocational education in Russia. Sovremennye tendentsii razvitiya sistemy obrazovaniya: sb. tr. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Modern trends in the development of the education system: proceedings of the International scientific and practical conference). Cheboksary: Izd. dom «Sreda», 2018. рр. 379–381. (In Russ.).
- On special assessment of the working conditions: Federal Law of December 28, 2013 № 426-FZ (as amended on December 27, 2019). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/499067392 (accessed: March 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Vodopyanova N.E., Starchenkova E.S. Burnout syndrome. Diagnostics and prevention: practical guide. Available at: https://urait.ru/bcode/402432 (accessed: January 11, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Maslach C., Leiter M.P. It's time to take action on burnout. Burnout Research. 2015. Vol. 2. рр. 101–108. DOI: 10.1016/j.burn.2015.05.002
- Osipova S.A., Kurpatov V.I. Syndrome of «emotional burnout» as premorbid depression. Problemy issledovaniya sindroma vygoraniya i puti ego korrektsii u spetsialistov «pomogayushchikh» professiy (v meditsinskoy, psikhologicheskoy i pedagogicheskoy praktike): sb. nauch. st. (Research problems of burnout syndrome and the ways of its correction among specialists of «support» profession (medicine, psychology and pedagogical practice): collection of the scientific papers). Kursk: KGU, 2007. pp. 126–130. (In Russ.).
- Golovin S.Yu. Dictionary of practical psychologist. Minsk: Kharvest, 2013. 975 р. (In Russ.).
- Maystrenko E.V., Maystrenko V.I. The Problem of Burnout Among the Occupational Safety Officers. Available at: http://dom-hors.ru/rus/files/arhiv_zhurnala/spp/2018/11/psychology/maistrenko-maistrenko.pdf (accessed: March 01, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Safonov A.L., Platygin D.N., Churkina A.A. Topical Issues of Realization of the Mechanism of Prevention of Job Burnout and Stress in the Workplace in the System of Labor Protection and Personnel Management. Trud i sotsialnye otnosheniya = Labour and Social Relations. 2016. Vol. 27. № 6. pp. 169–192. (In Russ.).
- Lyulko O.M., Galatsan A.V., Bondarchuk G.V., Khmelevsky M.O., Klopenko G.I. Psychological readiness of specialists of civil protection in health. Meditsina transportu Ukrainy = Medicine of Ukrainian transport. 2015. № 3–4 (55–56). pp. 5–7. Available at: http://www.mztu.com.ua/svizhij_nomer.php?nid=55#993 (accessed: February 16, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Vodopiyanovа N.E., Shestakova K.N. A positive approach to counter professional burnout. Sovremennye issledovaniya sotsialnykh problem = Modern Research of Social Problems. 2014. № 3 (35). рр. 3–24. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.12731/2218-7405-2014-3-24
- Pakriev S.G., Kovalev J.V. Express-diagnostics of depression. Available at: http://medpsy.ru/mprj/archiv_global/2011_3_8/nomer/nomer21.php (accessed: February 10, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Zung W.W. A self-rating depression scale. Archives of General Psychiatry. 1965. Vol. 12 (1). рр. 63–70. DOI: 10.1001/archpsyc.1965.01720310065008
- Sidorenko E.V. Methods of mathematical processing in psychology. Available at: https://www.sgu.ru/sites/default/files/textdocsfiles/2014/02/19/sidorenko.pdf (accessed: March 01, 2020). (In Russ.).