The results of the analysis of the status of conditions and occupational safety at RZD are presented. It is shown that in most of the work injuries, the main culprit continues to be the person himself. Practice shows that the preventive measures on preventing industrial injuries carried out on the railway network in order to prevent such cases does not significantly improve the situation.
One of the most effective ways of preventing injuries in the workplace is training in safe work practices, which ensures consolidation of previous and acquisition of new knowledge, improvement of skills and safe work.
However, efficient conducting instructions on occupational safety is possible only with a comprehensive influence on human channels of information perception. To increase the effectiveness of conducting briefings, it is required to abandon such a method of communicating information to the employee as mechanical reading of documents. The developed methodology for teaching methods and techniques of safe work execution should be put into practice.
The proposed methodology for unscheduled briefing with the influence on the perception channels of information by an employee consists of nine points: creation of conditions, introduction, influence on perception, the need in eye contact, use of instructor experience, use of the experience of the instructed, use of game elements, independent work, interview. It was developed considering the human factor, the basics of psychology, pedagogics and work experience in the railway transport.
- Transport in Russia. 2018: Statistics digest. Moscow, 2018. Vol. 65. 101 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology for assessment of the human factor effect on the occurrence of a case of the work injury and determination of the share of responsibility of the employees involved in this case: order of OAO RZHD dated November 28, 2014 № 2777 р. Available at: http://scbist.com/2014-god/39829-2777r-ot-28-noyabrya-2014-g-ob-utverzhdenii-metodiki-ocenki-vliyaniya-chelovecheskogo-faktora-na-vozniknovenie-sluchaya-travmy-na-proizvodstve-i-opredeleniya-doli-otvetstvennosti-prichastnyh-rabotnikov-k-et.html (accessed: March 12, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Zavyalov A.M. Occupational safety improving at the rail transport based on reduction of the human factor influence: thesis... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Moscow: RUT (MIIT), 2017. 395 p. (In Russ.).
- The Labor Code of the Russian Federation dated December 30, 2001 № 197-FZ (as amended on December 16, 2019). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901807664 (accessed: March 12, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Griffin M.A., Curcuruto M. Safety Climate in Organizations. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior. 2016. Vol. 3. Iss. 1. pp. 191–212.
- Borisova N.A., Aksenov V.A. Consideration of the influence of the human factor in occupational risk management. Problemy bezopasnosti rossiyskogo obshchestva = Security problems of the russian society. 2019. № 1 (25). pp. 38–42. (In Russ.).
- Regulation on the organization of training on occupational safety and testing knowledge of labor protection requirements for employees of the Open Joint Stock Company «Russian Railways»: Decree of RZD dated June 11, 2004 № 2529р. Available at: https://znaytovar.ru/gost/2/Rasporyazhenie_2529r_Polozheni.html (accessed: March 12, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Efimova A.V., Gradoboeva K.V., Shingarkina O.V. Industrial injuries and the problem of its ambiguous statistics. Vestnik molodogo uchenogo UGNTU = Bulletin of a young scientist of Ufa State Petroleum Technical University. 2016. № 4 (8). pp. 52–57. (In Russ.).
- Silbey S.S. Taming Prometheus: Talk About Safety and Culture. Annual Review of Sociology. 2009. Vol. 35. pp. 341–369.
- Lebedeva N.V. Psychology of adult training: specific features and content. Vestnik MGOU. Ser. «Psikhologicheskie nauki» = Bulletin of the Moscow State Regional University. Series «PSYCHOLOGY». 2014. № 3. pp. 65–72. (In Russ.).
- Konshin D.V., Voronkov O.Yu. Improving safety through the use of video instructions during safety training. Rossiya molodaya: Peredovye tekhnologii — v promyshlennost! = Young Russia: Advanced Technologies — into the Industry! 2011. № 2. pp. 362–366. (In Russ.).
- Bondarev M.P. Psychology of unconscious forgetting the rules of conducting safe work. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry.1998. № 10. pp. 45–47. (In Russ.).
- Sam Mannan M., Reyes-Valdes O., Jain P., Tamim N., Ahammad M. The Evolution of Process Safety: Current Status and Future Direction. Annual Review of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. 2016. Vol. 7. pp. 135–162.
- Belokurenko S.A. Improving efficiency of occupational safety training. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v nauke i obrazovanii: materialy VIII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Innovative technologies in science and education: Materials of the Eights International Scientific and Practical Conference). Cheboksary: TsNS «Interaktiv plyus», 2016. pp. 213–217. (In Russ.).
- Moiseeva S.O., Denisenko V.I. Problems of project documentation support. Ekonomika i menedzhment innovatsionnykh tekhnologiy = Economics and innovations management. 2012. № 1. Available at: http://ekonomika.snauka.ru/2012/01/347 (accessed: March 12, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Salas E., Bisbey T.M., Traylor A.M., Rosen M.A. Can Teamwork Promote Safety in Organizations? Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior. 2020. Vol. 7. pp. 283–313.