Based on the results of conducting comprehensive studies of power consumption of the open-pit mine of the mining and metallurgical plant in high altitude conditions, the issues are considered related to ensuring safe operation of electric motors supplying excavators. Experimental studies were carried out in a 6 kV electric network, from which the excavators and drilling rigs are powered. The design schemes of sections of the electric network are given, the characteristic of the main equipment is provided.
One of the problems in the operation of the excavators in high altitude quarries is a decrease in their productivity due to the need in periodical repair of the insulation of synchronous motor drive of the converter unit.
The influence of switching overvoltages on the synchronous motors insulation integrity of the excavator is established.
The scheme of a protective device is presented, which allows protecting the isolation of the excavator engine from atmospheric and internal switching overvoltages.
The principle of synthesis of the surge suppressor is to determine the maximum amplitude of free component of the switching voltage and the corresponding frequency with the subsequent installation of the quenching spark gap and the shunt capacitance, calculated according to a certain amplitude and frequency. Therefore, the main measure providing protection of the insulation of the drive motor should be the suppression of overvoltage, which has a fundamental frequency of 8–8.2 kHz.
The network transient in the open-pit electric circuit — a synchronous motor is investigated, and the parameters of the shunt capacitor are determined. It was found that the selected capacitor is capable of long-term operation in an electrical installation at a frequency of 50 Hz. In order to reduce the effect of additional capacitance on the frequency, it is necessary to install capacitors together with the arresters in a 6 kV input cell.
- Ge L., Quan L., Zhang X., Zhao B., Yang J. Efficiency improvement and evaluation of electric hydraulic excavator with speed and displacement variable pump. Energy Conversion and Management. 2017. № 150. pp. 62–71.
- Celeita D., Ramos G., Gutierrez G. Ground-directional solution to improve selectivity in underground mining power systems protection. Computers & Electrical Engineering. 2019. Vol. 80. DOI:10.1016/j.compeleceng.2019.106491
- Li J., Zhan K. Intelligent Mining Technology for an Underground Metal Mine Based on Unmanned Equipment. Engineering. 2018. Vol. 4. Iss. 3. pp. 381–391.
- Holmberg K., Kivikytö-Reponen P., Härkisaari P., Valtonen K., Erdemir A. Global energy consumption due to friction and wear in the mining industry. Tribology International. 2017. Vol. 115. pp. 116–139.
- Vasilev P.V., Stas G.V., Smirnova E.V. Injury rate risk assessment in mining. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Izvestiya Tula State University. Earth sciences. 2016. Iss. 2. pp. 45–58. (In Russ.).
- King B., Goycoolea M., Newman A. Optimizing the open pit-to-underground mining transition. European Journal of Operational Research. 2017. Vol. 257. Iss. 1. pp. 297–309.
- Jarvie-Eggart M.E. Responsible Mining: Case Studies in Managing Social & Environmental Risks in the Developed World. Englewood: Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, 2015. 804 p.
- GOST R 56744—2015 (IEC 61921: 2003). Power capacitors. Low-voltage power factor corrector banks. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200127200 (accessed: April 6, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I., Gavrina O.A. Development of mathematical model for specific power consumption of resistance furnaces at non-ferrous metallurgy enterprises. International Russian Automation Conference (RusAutoCon). Sochi, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/RUSAUTOCON.2018.8501831
- Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I., Gavrina O.A., Revazov V.Ch. System analysis of power consumption by nonferrous metallurgy enterprises on the basis of rank modeling of individual technocenosis castes. XIV International Scientific-Technical Conference Dynamic of Technical Systems (DTS – 2018). 2018. DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201822604018
- Egorova E.V., Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I., Tsidaev B.S. Evaluation of effective technologies use for increasing sustainable development of the natural-technical system in oil and gas complex. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2018. Vol. 10. № 3 (37). pp. 392–403. (In Russ.).
- Komashchenko V.I., Golik V.I., Belin V.A., Gaponenko A.L. Improvement of explosive blasting efficiency based on the new methods for initiating blasthole charges in the open-pit mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2014. № 9. pp. 293–304. (In Russ.).
- Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Karginov K.G. Basis for sustainable development of North Ossetia-Alania is the mining industry. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2017. Vol. 9. № 2 (32). pp. 163–171. (In Russ.).
- Khasheva Z.M., Shulgaty L.P., Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Karginov K.G. About the equivalence of ore deposit development indicators. International Business Management. 2016. Vol. 10. № 20. pp. 4868–4872.
- Dmitrak Yu.V., Shishkanov K.A. Development of the probabilistic kinematic model of grinding media in the vibration mill grinding chamber. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2010. № 12. pp. 302–308. (In Russ.).
- Lemeshko M.A., Trifonov A.V. Research of the adaptive machine drive «UBG-1A». Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2013. № 6. pp. 202–207. (In Russ.).
- Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Komashchenko V.I., Ignatov M.V. Work Safety and Ore Quality at the Selective Mining of Low-powed Deposits. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 4. pp. 52–57. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-4-52-57
- Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Kachurin N.M., Lyashenko V.I. Safety Study of the Parameters of the System of the Development with Collapse. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 1. pp. 16–20. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-1-16-20