I.A. Zaikin, Department Head Yu.V. Aleshin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Division Head PAO «LUKOYL», Moscow, Russia M.V. Lisanov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), the Director of Risk Analysis Center, email@example.com A.A. Agapov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Director of the Computational Analysis Center A.S. Sofyin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Department Head STC «Industrial Safety» CJSC, Moscow, Russia S.I. Sumskoy, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Senior Lecturer NRNU MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
Analysis was performed with regard to the normative-legal and methodological approaches to determination of safe distances from hazardous production facilities of the main pipelines, including for cases of construction in the vicinity of the main pipelines with the violation of the regulatory requirements. Experience was analyzed concerning the normative regulation of the main pipeline location in the UK, based on the methodology of quantitative risk assessment. Using regulatory methods of Rostechnadzor and the EMERCOM of Russia, the calculations were carried out with regard to the effect of the main pipelines process parameters and other factors on the accident risk indices for typical main pipelines of oil, gas and liquefied petroleum gas. It is shown that the most significant factors effecting the minimum distances on criterion of people exposure are: pipeline diameter (identifies the mass of hazardous substance discharge and its share in the accident); properties of hazardous substances; value of the permissible individual risk of people fatalities; operating pressure; meteorological conditions that identify the rate of hazardous substances evaporation and the range of cloud drift and explosion of fuel-air mixtures.
Experience was generalized concerning the development of Project Specific Technical Specifications and Safety Cases related to the deviations from the minimum distances established in SP 36.13330.2012. The analysis of the presented results shows that the use of the modern methods of ensuring safety of the main pipelines allows to substantiate the significant decrease of the minimum distances compared to the regulatory values.
It was proposed to introduce changes in SP 36.13330.2012, which will be ensuring the reduction by 40–60 % of the minimum distances tabulated values from the axis of the liquefied petroleum gas main pipelines to the settlements.
1. Zhulina S.A., Titko V.L., Lisanov M.V., Simakin V.V. Concerning Implementation of the Provisions of the Federal Norms and Regulations in the Field of Industrial Safety «Safety Regulations for Hazardous Production Facilities of the Main Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 3. pp. 30–34. (In Russ.).
2. Zhulina S.A., Lisanov M.V., Savina A.V. Methodical Guide on Assessment of Accidents Risk Level at Oil Trunk Pipelines and Main Oil Products Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2013. № 1. pp. 50–55. (In Russ.).
3. Rules for protection of the main pipelines. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/2160374/ (accessed: November 14, 2018). (In Russ.).
4. Scheme of the territorial planning of the Russian Federation in the field of the federal transport (in terms of pipeline transport): Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 6, 2015 № 816-p.
Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420273736 (accessed: November 14, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. SP 36.13330.2012. Main pipelines. (Updated edition of SNiP 2.05.06–85 *). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200103173 (accessed: November 14, 2018). (In Russ.).
6. Safety rules for hazardous production facilities of the liquid ammonia transportation main pipelines: Federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420383275 (accessed: November 14, 2018). (In Russ.).
7. Savina A.V., Sumskoy S.I., Lisanov M.V. Risk Analysis of Accidents at Trunklines Used for Substantiating Minimum Safe Distances. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2012. № 3. pp. 58–63. (In Russ.).
8. Lisanov M.V., Savina A.V., Degtyarev D.V., Samuseva E.A. Russian and Western Pipelines Accident Data Analysis. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2010. № 7. pp. 16–22. (In Russ.).
9. Mazur I.I., Ivantsov O.M. Pipelines systems safety. Moscow: ITs «ELIMA», 2004. 1104 p. (In Russ.).
10. Lisanov M.V., Sumskoy S.I., Savina A.V., Shanina E.L., Lesnyak A.E., Taran A.I., Naumovich I.V. Risk Analysis of Oil Trunk Pipelines when Substantiating Design Solutions Compensating Deviations from the Current Safety Requirements. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2010. № 3. pp. 58–66. (In Russ.).
11. Sumskoy S.I., Pchelnikov A.V., Shanina E.L., Lisanov M.V., Zozulya V.V. Risk analysis of accidents at the main pipeline transporting wide fraction of the light hydrocarbons. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2007. № 2. pp. 48–52. (In Russ.).
12. Sumskoy S.I., Agapov A.A., Sofin A.S., Sverchkov A.M., Egorov A.F. Simulation of Abnormal Leakages on Trunk Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 9. pp. 50–53. (In Russ.).
13. Shebeko Yu.N., Gordienko D.M., Ponomarev A.A., Makeev V.I., Shebeko A.Yu., Deshevykh Yu.I., Giletich A.N. Fire risk assessment of the pipelines linear part. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2010. № 4. pp. 47–58. (In Russ.).
14. Churkin G.Yu., Alekperova S.T., Sinitsina A.A. Classification of Deviations from the Requirements of the Normative Documents and Compensatory Measures in the Project Specific Technical Specification for the Main Pipelines Objects. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 12. pp. 42–46. (In Russ.).
15. Churkin G.Yu., Alekperova S.T. Topical Issues of Project Specific Technical Specification Development for Main Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 1. pp. 58–65. (In Russ.).
16. 9th Report of the European Gas Pipeline Incident Data Group (period 1970–2013). Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/document/256005361/EGIG-9th-Report-February-2015-pdf (accessed: April 16, 2018).
17. Report of the UKOPA Fault Database Management Group. Available at: http://www.ukopa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/UKOPA-12-0046.pdf (accessed: April 16, 2018).
18. Performance of European cross-country oil pipelines. Statistical summary of reported spillages in 2014 and since 1971. Available at: https://www.concawe.eu/publication/performance-of-european-cross-country-oil-pipelines-statistical-summary-of-reported-spillages-in-2014-and-since-1971/ (accessed: April 16, 2018).
19. Sumskoy S.I., Lisanov M.V., Lisanov A.M. Analysis of data on accidents rate at fire and explosion hazardous objects of the pipeline transport. XXIX Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyashchennaya 80-letiyu FGBU VNIIPO MChS Rossii = XXIX International Scientific and Practical Conference Dedicated to the 80th Anniversary of FGBU VNIIPO EMERCOM of Russia. In 2 parts. Pt. 2. Moscow: MChS Rossii, 2017. pp. 31–33. (In Russ.).
20. On introduction of changes to the Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation and certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation: Federal Law of 03.08.2018 No. 342-FZ (comes into force from 01.01.2019). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_304066/ (accessed: April 16, 2018). (In Russ.).
21. BSI British Standards. Published Document 8010-3:2009+A1:2013. Pipeline systems. Part 3: Steel pipelines on land. Guide to the application of pipeline risk assessment to proposed developments in the vicinity of major accident hazard pipelines containing flammables. Supplement to PD 8010 1:2004. Available at: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030277243 (accessed: April 16, 2018).
22. Health and Safety Executive. Reducing risks, protecting people. HSE's decision-making process. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/theory/r2p2.pdf (accessed: April 16, 2018).
23. The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/l111.pdf (accessed: April 16, 2018).
24. PD 8010-1:2004. Code of practice for pipelines. Part 1. Steel pipelines on land. Available at: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030077559 (accessed: April 16, 2018).
25. Health and Safety Executive. HID's approach to ALARP decisions. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/hid_circs/permissioning/spc_perm_39.htm (accessed: April 16, 2018).
26. Investigation of the effect of the properties of the pumped product, process parameters of the main pipelines on the accident risk indices for safety substantiation of the distance from the axis of the main pipeline to settlements, engineering structures and other infrastructure: Report on research and scientific work. Moscow: ANO «Agentstvo issledovaniy promyshlennykh riskov», 2018. 116 p.