One of the priorities of the state agrarian policy of the Russian Federation is the reclamation of agricultural lands. The percent of the reclaimed areas increases annually. For example, in 2016 the area of irrigated farmland increased by 6940 hectares compared to 2015. This increase along with the intensive use of the irrigation technologies result in need to improve the activities for people and environment protection from the negative production factors.
The results of the analysis of injury rate at the performance of land reclamation works in agriculture are presented. Studies were conducted using the database «Injury rate with fatal and severe outcome in the agro-industrial complex of the Russian Federation», which was developed by the authors of the article. It is established that the greatest number of injuries with fatality and drastic consequences have been referred to the drivers in the field of reclamation, compressor unit operators, watchmen and guards. The main sources of injury are mobile cars. The most traumatic works are: repair and maintenance of the machinery and equipment, transportation, production facilities protection. The age of the majority of victims is over 40 years.
The main causes of injuries during land reclamation work are the unsatisfactory organization of the labor process, dangerous actions of the injured person, and malfunction of the equipment. Models of irrigation equipment, during which operation and maintenance the majority of incidents occurred, are listed in the article. Noted was the need to pay special attention to safety of work for large-scale irrigation equipment in the area of high-voltage power lines.
I.V. Galyanov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Chief Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org S.A. Rodimtsev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof., Vice Rector N.S. Studennikova, Specialist FGBOU VO «Oryol State Agrarian University Named after N.V. Parakhin», Orel, Russia
1. Gornov G.S., Kochetkova L.P., Olgarenko G.V., Startsev Z.A. Report on the implementation of stage I (2014–2016) of the federal targeted-oriented program «Development of Land Reclamation for Agricultural Lands of Russia for 2014–2020». Moscow: FGBNU «Rosinformagrotekh», 2017. 88 p. (In Russ.).
2. Both irrigation and drainage… Informatsionnyy byulleten Ministerstva selskogo khozyaystva Rossiyskoy Federatsii = News-bulletin of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation. 2018. № 7. pp. 26–28. (In Russ.).
3. Report on the status and use of the agricultural lands of the Russian Federation in 2016. Moscow: FGBNU «Rosinformagrotekh», 2018. 240 p. (In Russ.).
4. Safety and Health in Agriculture. Available at: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_dialogue/---sector/documents/normat iveinstrument/wcms_161135.pdf (accessed: November 12, 2018).
5. Ryzhakov A.N. To the issue of reliability and safety of the drip irrigation systems. Puti povysheniya effektivnosti oroshaemogo zemledeliya = Ways to Improve Efficiency of the Irrigated Agriculture. 2016. № 2 (62). pp. 69–74. (In Russ.).
6. Ryazantsev A.I., Antipov A.O. Technical and operational features of multi-support electrified sprinkler of new generation «Kuban-LK1». Vestnik Ryazanskogo gosudarstvennogo agrotekhnologicheskogo universiteta im. P.A. Kostycheva = Bulletin of Ryazan State Agrotechnological University Named after P.A. Kostychev. 2016. № 2 (30). pp. 83–87. (In Russ.).
7. Sadaka S. On-farm Hazards and Accident Prevention. Available at: https://www.uaex.edu/publications/pdf/FSA-1061.pdf (accessed: November 12, 2018).
8. Henry C.G., Sheffield R.E., Kenny N. Irrigation Pumping Plant Safety. Available at: https://www.uaex.edu/environment-nature/water/docs/IrrigSmart-3241-M-Irrigation-pumping-plant-safety.pdf (accessed: November 12, 2018).
9. GOST 32617—2014 (EN 908:1999, EN 909:1998). Irrigation machines. Safety. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200113837 (accessed: November 12, 2018). (In Russ.).
10. Kudryavtsev A.N., Alekseenko A.S., Kondral A.E. Labour protection. Metodical guidelines for the development of the chapter «Labor Protection» in the graduation papers (works) for the students of economic specialties of intramural and extramural forms of study. Gorki: UO «Belorusskaya gosudarstvennaya selskokhozyaystvennaya akademiya», 2017. 8 p. (In Russ.).
11. Alcalde-Sanz L., Gawlik B.M. Minimum Quality Requirements for Water Reuse in Agricultural Irrigation and Aquifer Recharge. Available at: http://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/bitstream/JRC109291/jrc109291_online_08022018.pdf (accessed: November 12, 2018).
12. Ceylan A., Ertem M., Ilcin E., Ozekinci T. A Special Risk Group for Hepatitis E Infection: Turkish Agricultural Workers Who Use Untreated Waste Water for Irrigation. Epidemiology & Infection. 2003. Vol. 131. Iss. 1. pp. 753–756. DOI: 10.1017/S0950268803008719
13. Corrao C.R.N., Mazzotta A., La Torre A., De Giusti M. Biological Risk and Occupational Health. Industrial Health. 2012. № 50. pp. 326–337.
14. Studennikova N.S. Age changes and their consequences (on the example of the subjects of the Central Federal District). Sovremennye nauchnye issledovaniya i razrabotki = Up-to-date Research and Development. 2017. № 4 (12). pp. 489–491. (In Russ.).