B.Ch. Meskhi, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Rector, email@example.com Yu.I. Bulygin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof. E.V. Shekina, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof. FSBEI of HE «DSTU», Rostov-on-Don, Russia A.V. Medvedev, Deputy Head of Department — Division Head Rostechnadzor, Moscow, Russia
Working conditions of the employees of the electric arc furnace shop in PAO «TAGMET» (Taganrog) were investigated considering the fact that the thermal radiation is the main hazard factor of metallurgical production. At the design stage of steel-smelting and thermal shops, as well as during upgrade of the metallurgical and thermal furnaces, the possible negative effects of radiation sources on workers are not taken into account, as a result of which protection with distance and time in the shops is practically inefficient.
Calculation of heat radiation using the methods for constructing radiation diagrams and establishing the exposure dose of thermal radiation allowed to determine the class of working conditions in the hot shops with the thermoradiation microclimate, and, also to offer methods and means of protecting open and closed workplaces. Three ways are proposed to ensure acceptable working conditions on the exposure dose of thermal radiation: reduction of thermal radiation intensity from the source, decrease of the dose of the radiated body surface of the worker, limitation of time of exposure to thermal radiation. Implementation of the first option is recognized as impossible, the second is irrational. Eventually, the only reasonable method of solving the set problem is the protection from time against the harmful factor influence. Rational modes of work and rest are recommended, which allow reducing the exposure dose of thermal radiation and ensuring compliance with safe working conditions in the shop. The proposals made need to be coordinated due to possible contradictions with the requirements for technological process of smelting.
The conclusion was made about the efficiency of application of the method for radiation diagrams construction at the design and reconstruction stage of the thermal shops for assessment of metallurgists working conditions of and development of recommendations for reducing them.
1. Babalov A.F. Industrial Heat Protection in Metallurgy. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1971. 360 p. (In Russ.).
2. Erman I.M. Fundamentals of Hygiene Production Microclimate in the Hot Shops. Leningrad: Izd-vo «Meditsina», 1964. 264 p. (In Russ.).
3. Babalov A.F. Thermal Radiation Protection. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1963. 57 p. (In Russ.).
4. SP 188.8.131.522—03. Hygienic requirements for the design of newly built and reconstructed industrial enterprises. Availabe at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901862522 (accessed: October 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. Bulygin Yu.I., Chub I.V., Shulaeva L.D. The calculation of the exposure of jobs in the steel melting shop of JSC «Tagmet» using the method of constructing the plots of irradiation. Innovatsii i inzhiniring v formirovanii investitsionnoy privlekatelnosti regiona: cb. nauch. tr. II Otkrytogo mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. foruma (Innovations and Engineering in Formation of the Investment Attractiveness of the Region: Collection of Scientific Papers of the II Open International Scientific and Practical Forum). Rostov-na-Donu: OOO «DGTU-Print», 2017. pp. 39–53. (In Russ.).
6. Zhuravlev A.A., Mysik V.F., Zhdanov A.V. Calculations of the Material and Energy Balances During Steelmaking in the Arc Steel-smelting Furnaces: Textbook of Methods. Ekaterinburg: Izd-vo Ural. un-ta, 2016. 128 p. (In Russ.).
7. Labor Code of the Russian Federation of December 30, 2001 № 197-FL (LC RF). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/trudovojkodeks-rf-tk-rf (accessed: October 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
8. Logar V., Dovžan D., Škrjanc I. Modeling and validation of an electric arc furnace: Part 1, Heat and Mass Transfer. ISIJ International. 2012. Vol. 52. Iss. 3. pp. 402–412. DOI: 10.2355/isijinternational.52.402
9. Bulygin Y.I., Koronchik D.A., Legkonogikh A.N., Zharkova M.G., Azimova N.N. Physical and theoretical models of heat pollution applied to cramped conditions welding taking into account the different types of heat. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. Available at: http://iopscience.iop.org/article/ 10.1088/1755-1315/66/1/012015/pdf (accessed: October 20, 2018). DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/66/1/012015
10. Koronchik D.A. Ensuring permissible parameters of the production microclimate of areas of increased gas pollution at the machine-building enterprises: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Rostov-na-Donu, 2013. 162 p. (In Russ.).
11. Maslov E.I. Reduction of gas pollution and achievement of acceptable parameters of the production microclimate in the areas of vehicles running and repair: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Rostov-na-Donu, 2011. 183 p. (In Russ.).
12. Portyannikov A.V. Simulation of air exchange of industrial premises with local exhaust and forced ventilation: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Voronezh, 2010. 147 p. (In Russ.).