A.L. Rybas, Dr. Sci. (Econ.), State Secretary, Deputy of Rostechnadzor Head Rostechnadzor, Moscow, Russia N.A. Makhutov, RAS Corresponding Member, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Chief Research Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org M.M. Gadenin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Lead Researcher IMASH RAN, Moscow, Russia A.S. Pecherkin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., First Dep. General Dir. STC «Industrial Safety» CJSC, Moscow, Russia V.A. Nadein, General Director OOO «NGB-Energodiagnostika», Moscow, Russia
Complex of measures of the legal, economic, scientific, technical, regulatory and supervisory nature for design, construction and operation of hazardous production facilities is envisaged by the fundamentals of the state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of industrial safety for the period up to 2025 and further perspective. An important role among them plays the problems of the scientific support and scientific assurance for the formation and implementation of the state policy. Step-by-step analysis of the development of methods and systems for ensuring industrial safety shows that the improvement of industrial safety requirements is currently insufficient for eliminating industrial accidents and disasters. Officially adopted scientific and procedural framework, developed and widely used in our country and abroad, is based on extensive statistical material about the occurrence of operational failures, events, incidents, accidents at hazardous production facilities. Its ultimate goals are the quantitative risk analysis and building of risk matrices with their categorization on the level of possibility (probability) of hazardous conditions occurrence and the severity level of their consequences. Scientific substantiation of industrial safety on the interrelated kinetic quantitative damage criteria at all the stages of the life cycle of a hazardous production facility is very topical at the present time. These damages related to the design, technological and operational factors can serve as a scientific basis for the assessing the current state of hazardous production facilities, assigning the methods, means, frequency of control, supervision and monitoring, as well as carrying out repair-and-renewal operations and determining the period of safe operation of technical devices used at hazardous production facilities. With this approach, not only the requirements already implemented in Rostechnadzor system will be used, but also the results of recent achievements in the fundamental theories of disasters, safety and risks in academic, industry and educational institutes and scientific centers.
2. Rybas A.L., Penkin O.M., Sidorov V.I., Pecherkin A.S., Klovach E.V., Shalaev V.K. On the draft of the Fundamentals of the State Policy in the Field of Industrial Safety. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 9. pp. 12–15. (In Russ.).
3. The Constitution of the Russian Federation. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_28399/ (accessed: October 29, 2018). (In Russ.).
4. On the Strategy of National Security of the Russian Federation: Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of December 31, 2015 № 683. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_191669/ (accessed: October 29, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).
6. Security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific and technical aspects. Security of Industrial Complex. Moscow: MGF «Znanie», GUP «NTTs «Promyshlennaya bezopasnost», 2002. 464 p. (In Russ.).
7. Security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific and technical aspects. Regulation of nuclear and radiation safety. Moscow: MGOF «Znanie», NTTs YaRB, 2003. 400 p. (In Russ.).
8. Radionova S.G., Zhulina S.A., Makhutov N.A., Gadenin M.M., Lisin Yu.V., Neganov D.A., Nadein V.A., Pecherkin A.S. Research prospects in the field of risk analysis for improvement of government regulation and safety increase of the oil and gas chemical complex objects. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 9. pp. 5–13. (In Russ.).
9. Makhutov N.A., Klovach E.V., Pecherkin A.S., Sidorov V.I. Interconnected scientific problems of assessment, standardization
and expertise of industrial safety risks. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 5. pp. 7–15. (In Russ.).
10. Nuclear and Radiation Safety Journal. Available at: https://nrs-journal.ru/sections/articles/ (accessed: October 29, 2018). (In Russ.).
11. PNAE G-7-002—86. Norms for strength calculation of equipment and pipelines for nuclear power plants. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1989. 525 p. (In Russ.).
12. Makhutov N.A., Gadenin M.M. Problems of strength and safety of water-cooled power reactors. Moscow: Nauka, 2008. 446 p. (In Russ.).
13. Rausand M. Risk Assessment. Theory, Methods, and Applications. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2018. 665 p.
14. Dialogue Forum «Industrial Safety — the Responsibility of the State, Business and Society». Moscow, 2015–2017. (In Russ.).
15. Makhutov N.A., Gadenin M.M., Matvienko Yu.G., Razumovskiy I.A., Romanov A.N., Salin A.N., Moskvichev V.V., Larionov V.V., Nesterenko G.I., Novozhenova O.G., Reznikov D.O., Chernyshev S.A. Local criteria for strength, service life and survivability of the aircraft structures. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2017. 600 p. (In Russ.).
16. Makhutov N.A., Rachuk V.S. Stress-deformed states of the liquid-propellant engine. Moscow: Nauka, 2013. 646 p. (In Russ.).
17. Makhutov N.A. Strength and safety: fundamental and applied research. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2008. 528 p. (In Russ.).
18. Makhutov N.A. Scientific basis for the analysis of strategic priorities and risk development in Russia. Background report on the problems of strategic forecast, planning and programming for the objective of sustainable socio-economic development and ensuring national security. Bezopasnost Rossii. Vyp. 6 = Security of Russia. Edition 6. Moscow: MGOF «Znanie», 2018. 96 p. (In Russ.).
19. Makhutov N.A., Gadenin M.M. Technical diagnostics of residual life and safety. Moscow: ID «Spektr», 2011. 187 p. (In Russ.).
20. Makhutov N.A. Safety and risks: system research and developments. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2017. 724 p. (In Russ.).
21. Makhutov N.A. Security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific and technical aspects. Technogenic, technological and technosphere safety. Moscow: MGOF «Znanie», 2018. 1016 p. (In Russ.).
22. Makhutov N.A. Security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific and technical aspects. National security. Part 1. Moscow: MGOF «Znanie», 2012. 896 p. (In Russ.).
23. Makhutov N.A. Security of Russia. Legal, socio-economic and scientific and technical aspects. Safety and security of critical objects. Part 2. Moscow: MGOF «Znanie», 2012. 588 p. (In Russ.).
24. Plan of activities on the implementation of the Fundamentals of the state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of industrial safety for the period up to 2025 and further perspective: Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated September 17, 2018, № 1952-p. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/551182973 (accessed: October 29, 2018). (In Russ.).