S.G. Ivantsova, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University), Moscow, Russia A.I. Rakhmanin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Chief Expert of the Department AO «Stroytransneftegaz», Moscow, Russia
Based on the analysis and assessment of changes of the operational loads, the recommendations are given on the calculation of stability of the main bearing elements of the isothermal storage tanks for liquefied natural gas. The issue related to the value change of the lateral pressure of the loose-fill thermal insulation due to effect of the operating factors such as thermal deformations of the tank shells is considered in the article. The specified methods are proposed concerning the quantitative assessment of heat gain increase, and, accordingly, the evaporation of the product in case of the formation of air-gas voids in the body of the loose-fill isolation. The methods consider the general case of the layer location at the interface, the change of vapor temperature in the tank dome space, and the uneven transformation of the heat flow in the volume of the layer. The statistics is processed concerning the existing cases of lamination and stratification of the product stored in the tank. Based on this information, the loads on the body and the anchor elements are calculated at spontaneous mixing (rollover) of the layers and boiling of the product. According to the results of the calculations, practical recommendations on the selection of the rational design and technology solutions are proposed that ensure service ability of the facility and meet the requirements of the economic appropriateness.
1. Safonov V.S. On the need for conducting risk analysis at substantiation of the type and design characteristics of the isothermal storages for various-purpose LNG complexes. Vesti gazovoj nauki: nauch.-tehn. sb. = News of Gas Science. Scientific and Technical Collection. 2017. № 1 (29). pp. 154–170. (In Russ.).
2. Rahmanin A.I. Ensuring safety of storage tanks for liquefied natural gas considering negative operational factors: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2014. 137 p. (In Russ.).
3. Rahmanin A.I., Ivancova S.G. Study of the thermal regime of double-walled isothermal tanks with the damaged thermal insulation. Truboprovodnyj transport: teorija i praktika = Pipeline Transport: Theory and Practice. 2012. № 2 (30). pp. 30–34. (In Russ.).
4. Shojhet B.M. Loose-fill thermal insulation of the double-walled isothermal tanks for liquefied gas storage: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 1984. 191 p. (In Russ.).
5. Borisov B.B., Vladimirov A.E., Zvereva T.V., Cherepennikov A.N. The methods of calculating stationary temperature regime of large-volume low-temperature storage tanks for LNG. Trudy MINHiGP im. I.M. Gubkina = Proceedings of Moscow Institute of the Petrochemical and Gas Industry named after I.A. Gubkin. 1980. № 153. pp. 123–131. (In Russ.).
6. Odisharija G.Je., Safonov B.C., Tarabrin V.A. Thermal processes in low-temperature isothermal storages of the liquefied gases. Gazovaja promyshlennost = Gas Industry. 1982. № 11. pp. 43–46. (In Russ.).
7. Janssen H.A. Versuche über Getreidedruck in Silozellen. Verein Deutscher Ingenieure. 1895. Bd. 39. № 35. S. 1045–1049.
8. Acton A., Van Meerbeke R.C. Rollover in LNG storage: an industry view. LNG/LPG Conference: Gastech-85. 1985.
9. Safonov V.S. Physical features and ways to prevent LNG stratification in the isothermal tanks. Moscow: VNIIJegazprom, 1989. Iss. 7. 50 p. (In Russ.).
10. Hashemi H.T., Wesson H.R. Cut LNG storage costs. Hydrocarbon Processing. 1971. August. pp. 117–120.
11. BS EN 14620-2:2006. Design and manufacture of site built, vertical, cylindrical, flat-bottomed steel tanks for the storage of refrigerated, liquefied gases with operating temperatures between 0 °C and –165 °C. Part 2: Metallic components. Available at: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030033860 (accessed: August 10, 2018).
12. Hanuhov H.M., Alipov A.V., Chetvertuhin N.V., Kolomycev A.V., Shigapov R.R. Constructive methods for reducing risk at the operation of LNG isothermal storage tanks. Vesti gazovoj nauki: nauch.-tehn. sb. = News of Gas Science: Scientific and Technical Collection. 2017. № 1 (29). pp. 249–258. (In Russ.).
13. Chetvertuhin N.V., Larionov M.V., Chernobrov A.R., Zhuravlev M.D., Shironin E.V. Development of the innovative designs of liquefied gase isothermal tanks based on risk assessment. Teorija i praktika sovremennoj nauki = Theory and Practice of the Up-to-date Science. 2016. № 3 (9). pp. 1–14. (In Russ.).