Prospects of using rescue equipment for people in case of fires are considered. The need and effictiency of using rescue equipment from the height in case of fires at the coal enterprises under modern conditions are substantiated. Rescue equipment is considered as compensatory measure on ensuring safety of people when it is impossible to evacuate them in the standard mode. The need in achieving equal labor relations of the employees of industrial enterprises is substantiated: both those involved in the technological process and those who work in the associated services (human resources, accounting, etc.). The methods of using rescue equipment for people in case of fires is presented, its effect is considered related to the magnitude of individual fire risk. According to the presented methods, it is possible to determine the required number of self-rescue devices for people based on the technical characteristics of these devices and the time of hazardous fire factors occurence. The procedure is given concerning the calculation of the probability of people rescue when using the appropriate technical devices, and the effect of this probability on the estimated value of individual fire risk. The methods allowed to substantiate increase in safety level for people who have no opportunity to leave the building in the standard mode in the event of fire. The proposed methods made it possible to reveal the potential of using rescue equipment from the height. For manufacturers it became possible to develop rescue devices suitable for specific types of buildings (selecting the appropriate technical characteristics of the means: preparation time, activation time and descent speed). The results of the study allow to visually show the additional parameters that positively effect the fire-extinguishing condition of the objects, as well as the estimated value of the individual fire risk of people loss of life that will be topically for retraining and advanced training of the enterprise employees responsible for labor protection and fire safety.
D.A. Besperstov, Candidate FGBOU VPO Kem GU, Kemerovo, Russia A.I. Fomin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Leading Researcher, email@example.com V.V. Sobolev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Deputy Director General A.M. Ermolayev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Scientific Consultant V.G. Igishev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Scientific Consultant AO NTs VostNII, Kemerovo, Russia
1. Official site of EMERCOM of Russia. Available at: http://www.mchs.gov.ru/ (accessed: May 27, 2018). (In Russ.).
2. Fomin A.I., Besperstov D.A. Topicality of the development and improvement of the method for increasing safety of the employees at coal-mining and coal-processing enterprises of Kuzbass. Vestnik nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Vestnik of the Scientific Center on Safety of Work in Coal Industry. 2015. № 1. pp. 62–66. (In Russ.).
3. Fomin A.I., Besperstov D.A. Increase in fire safety of Kuzbass coal industry. Materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Fundamentalnyye i prikladnyye problemy v gornom dele»: sb. tr. (Materials of the Scientific and Practical Conference «Fundamental and Applied Problems in Mining»: Collected papers). Kemerovo: Kuzbasskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet im. T.F. Gorbacheva, 2016. 279 p. (In Russ.).
4. Mikhaylov Yu.M. Fire safety in construction. Moscow: Alfa-Press, 2012. 144 p. (In Russ.).
5. Mikhaylov L.A., Solomin V.P., Rusak O.N. Fire safety: Textbook for students institutions of higher professional education. Moscow: ITS Akademiya, 2013. 224 p. (In Russ.).
6. Blair A.J., Milke J.A. The Effect of Stair Width on Occupant Speed and Flow Rate for Egress of High Rise Buildings. Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics. Boston: Springer US, 2011. pp. 747–750.
7. Moshashaei P., Alizadeh S.S. Fire Risk Assessment: A Systematic Review of the Methodology and Functional Areas. Iranian Journal of Health, Safety & Environment. 2016. Vol. 4. № 1. pp. 654–669.
8. Kurenkova G.V., Zhukova E.V., Lemeshevskaya E.P. Individual protection equipment of the employees exposed to harmful factors in the production conditions: Textbook of methods. Irkutsk: IGMU, 2016. 52 p. (In Russ.).
9. Methodical recommendations on the use of personal protective equipment and people rescue in case of fire. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/456079938 (accessed: July 15, 2018). (In Russ.).
10. Goryachev S.A., Molchanov S.V., Nazarov V.P., Panasevich L.T., Petrov A.P., Rubtsov V.V., Shvyrkov S.A. Fire safety of the technological processes. Part 2. Analysis of fire hazard and protection of process equipment: Textbook. Moscow: Akademiya GPS MCHS Rossii, 2007. 281 p. (In Russ.).
11. Badaguyev B.T. Fire safety at the enterprise: orders, acts, logs, protocols, plans, instructions. 4-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: Alfa-Press, 2014. 714 p. (In Russ.).
12. Efremova O.S. Hazardous and harmful production factors and means of protection against them for the employees. Moscow: Alfa-Press, 2012. 304 p. (In Russ.).
13. Ivanov Yu.I., Besperstov D.A., Mamontov A.S., Stabrovskaya E.I. Forecast of fire hazardous factors: determination of the estimated values of fire risk for public buildings and structures: Textbook. Kemerovo, 2011. 131 p. (In Russ.).