When ensuring safety of human life, the most optimal is the concept of absolute safety. However, the modern scientific and technical progress is accompanied by a high probability of technogenic emergency situations occurrence (fires and explosions). They have traumatic factors for a human being and result in significant material losses to the facility on which they occurred.
In this context, the woodworking is not the exception. It is related to explosive and fire hazardous industries due to the presence of a significant amount of combustible wood dust, use of flammable materials, varnishes, paints and the property of wood self-igniting.
Existing means and methods of ensuring fire safety are extremely diverse. However, if the preventive measures turned out to be insolvent, then it is the active means of protection, such as fire warning and evacuation management system in particular will help to avoid or reduce the negative impact of inhibiting factors through the rapid evacuation of a person from the area of exposure. This directly correlates with the quality of the configuration of the warning system and evacuation management system, including the technical characteristics of annunciators. It is also important to consider the economic justification of the engineering solution of this system, since the material load falls mainly on the object itself.
The woodworking workshop is one of the most complex engineering system, and stopping its activities in the event of penalties, and even more so a fire, will lead to the downtime of the entire enterprise and significant losses, therefore, the modernization of fire protection systems, including warning and evacuation systems, will allow to reduce the fire load, ensuring safety of the facility and its economic development.
- Kuzomin O., Ahmad M.A., Kots H., Lyashenko V., Tkachenko M. Preventing of Technogenic Risks in the Functioning of an Industrial Enterprise. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 2016. Vol. 7. pp. 262–270.
- Samoshin D.A. To the issue of protecting people with automatic fire-fighting systems. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2015. Vol. 24. № 12. pp. 53–59. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.183 22/PVB.2015.24.12.53-59
- Management of Hazards Associated with Location of Process Plant Permanent Buildings. API Recommended Practice 752. Washington: American Petroleum Institute, 2009. 40 p.
- Thompson P., Nilsson D., Boyce K., McGrath D. Evacuation models are running out of time. Fire Safety Journal. 2015. Vol. 78. pp. 251–261. DOI: 10.1016/j.firesaf.2015.09.004
- SP 4.13130.2013. Fire protection systems. Limitation of fire spreading at the objects of protection. Requirements for space-planning and structural solutions. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200101593 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Korolchenko A.Ya. Fire and explosion hazard of industrial dust. Moscow: Khimiya, 1986. 216 p. (In Russ.).
- PPBO-157—90. Fire safety regulations in the forest industry. Available at: https://bazanpa.ru/minprom-rossii-ppbo-ot13011992-h1517129/ (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- SP 5.13130.2013. Fire protection systems. Automatic fire alarm and fire extinguishing systems. Design norms and regulations. Available at: https://lidermsk.ru/documents/244/sp-5131302013-sistemyi-protivopozharnoj-zaschityi-ustanovki-pozharnoj-signalizatsii-i-pozharotusheniya-avtomaticheskie-normyi-i-pravila-proektirovaniya/ (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Technical regulation on fire safety requirements (as amended on December 27, 2018): Federal law of July 22, 2008 № 123-FZ. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902111644 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- SP 12.13130.2009. Categories definition for premises, buildings and outdoor installations on fire and explosion and fire hazard (with Amendment № 1). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200071156 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Gimranova R.F., Gimranov F.M. Specifics of categorization on explosion hazard of production premises of the woodworking industries. Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of Kazan Technical University. 2011. № 8. pp. 154–157. (In Russ.).
- SP 3.13130.2009. Fire warning and evacuation management system in case of fire. Fire safety requirements. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200071145 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.036—81 (ST COMECON 2834—80). System of Occupational safety standards system. Noise. Permissible levels in the residential and public buildings. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/5200312 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation: Federal law of December 30, 2001, № 195. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901807667 (accessed: December 30, 2019). (In Russ.).