Dynamics of development of the world natural gas consumption shows that LNG consumption will be constantly growing up. At the same time, the regions of gas production in the Russian Federation are shifting to the north, the share of commercial fields in the Arctic is constantly growing. In general, the Arctic region is potentially the main region of hydrocarbon production in Russia, therefore, the task of selecting rational design of LNG isothermal tanks with a high level of reliability in a harsh climate is especially topical.
Practice of construction of large-sized LNG isothermal tanks in the Russian Federation shows that in the presence of various design solutions of LNG isothermal tanks (single-wall, double-wall with different degree air tightness, membrane), at present, the most capital-intensive design of LNG double-wall isothermal tank of the closed type is selected. At the same time, in the world practice, even in the southern latitudes, less expensive but sufficiently reliable designs of LNG isothermal tanks are actively used. In connection with this, the algorithm is proposed for selecting the rational design of LNG isothermal tanks for specific operating conditions taking into account the applied structural materials and various types of thermal insulation, in this case, the score-factor estimate of heat-insulating materials was made, and the model calculation of the thermal regime of LNG isothermal tanks operation was performed. The tank for liquefied natural gas is selected based on the estimate of the probability of structure failure-free operation, as well as the solution of the problem of two-criteria Pareto optimization
S.G. Ivantsova, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., email@example.com I.A. Leonovich, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Senior Lecturer Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University), Moscow, Russia
1. International Energy Agency (IEA). World Energy Outlook 2011. Special Report: Are We Entering a Golden Age of Gas? Available at: http://www.iea.org/media/weowebsite/2011/WEO2011_GoldenAgeofGasReport.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2018).
2. On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).
3. Vasilev G.G., Ivantsova S.G., Rakhmanin A.I. Specifics of ensuring safe operation of large-sized isothermal tanks for liquefied natural gas storage. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gas Industry. 2013. № 11 (698). pp. 57–61. (In Russ.).
4. Ivantsova S.G., Rakhmanin A.I. Identification of hazards at risk assessment of liquefied gases isothermal storage. Upravlenie kachestvom v neftegazovom komplekse = Quality Management in Oil and Gas Complex. 2012. № 4. pp. 36–40. (In Russ.).
5. Rakhmanin A.I. Ensuring safety of the liquefied natural gas storage tanks considering negative operational factors: Thesis. ... Candidat of Technical Sciences. Мoscow, 2015. 137 p. (In Russ.).
6. Safonov B.C., Odishariya G.E., Shvyryaev A.A. Theory and practice of risk analysis in gas industry. Moscow: RAO Gazprom, 1996. 208 p. (In Russ.).
7. Khanukhov Kh.M., Alipov A.V., Zimina S.V., Simonov I.I. Specifics of compliance with industrial safety requirements when designing isothermal tanks. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2011. № 12. pp. 57–64. (In Russ.).
8. Health and Safety Executive (2012). Failure Rate and Event Data for use within Risk Assessments (28/06/2012). Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/landuseplanning/failure-rates.pdf (accessed: July 20, 2018).
9. Hazards Analysis of a Proposed LNG Import Terminal in the Port of Long Beach, California, Quest Consultants Inc., August 30, 2005. Available at: http://www.polb.com/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=2094 (accessed: July 20, 2018).
10. Harrison A.J., Eyre J.A. The Effect of Obstacle Arrays on the Combustion of Large Premixed Gas/Air Clouds. Combustion science and technology. Vol. 52. 1987. pp. 121–137.
11. On the approval of the methods for identification of fire risk design at the production facilities (as amended on December 14, 2010). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: July 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
12. On the approval of Safety Guide «Methodological framework for conducting hazard analysis and risk assessment of accidents at hazardous production facilities». Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420347908 (accessed: July 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
13. BS EN 14620-1:2006. Design and manufacture of site built, vertical, cylindrical, flat-bottomed steel tanks for the storage of refrigerated, liquefied gases with operating temperatures between 0 °C and –165 °C. General. Available at: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030033875 (accessed: July 20, 2018).